• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YAK-3 From Russia with...

I have the modified sewing needle and almost never use it. Use my "wire" instead. I will try and take a couple of photos later to show you. Actually gives more control over application than the sewing needles. Like the sewing needles it does load up with dry CA, but if it is polished, a sharp x-acto blade will quickly and easily shave off the crust.

Thanks James , Luiz, Paul, Bob and Warren for positive feedback .

Hard to believe how many grays , blues and blue/gray paint combinations there are .

I have had to put this down several times to keep from making myself nuts.

This is paper towel # 3 . I find these to be handy to get a better idea of what the paint looks like rather than just in the bottle.
The paint mule has also had some shades applied for good measure .

Yak_lipstic_002a.jpg

These are not the color options for the bird but I decided to put the lipstick on before going further.

Yak_lipstic_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Going to stand out in a crowd !! - nice work Christian.

Ian.

I think so . It seems that a lot of VVS aces really favored a lot of red paint after the war . :blink

Actually, I'm hopping other things will make it stand out.

Cheers,

Dig it! Who knew grey could be so colorful?!

Yup , gray is a very hard to describe color. Black and white should make a lighter shade of black ( gray ) . That sounds simple enough.

However, what is sold for black is actually a very color like blue, green , brown or purple .

Seldom is white pure either . Generally something has been mixed in it to tone it down .

When you mix two impure color, you wind up with a lot of mixtures you might not expect. :sick:

Cheers

I managed to mix some grays an shoot them this morning using 91% alcohol .

Went on very smooth... :zen

Yak_grays_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian

Looks pretty awesome Christian-- the Yak-3s are my favorite Soviet fighter from WWII-- look like little race cars to me...

Oh man she's looking good Chris. Nicely done so far. That red nose really stands out. Love it (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back