• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YAK-3 From Russia with...

I've been following this build for a few days now ... Excellent ... Love the weathering effects on wings & exhaust ... :popcorn

B) Pretty Cool!
Excellent finish. The exhausts look really good.
You never see the yaks being built so I am loving this!

Ian.

Thanks Swordsman , Luiz , Ian , James.

You guys would have been a shamed of me today, so there are no pictures . :blush:

I spent a lot of time trying to get this miserable landing gear that has no locating pins to hang correctly , just to find out this evening come time to install gear doors that the right strut was in the right wheel well and vice versa... :bang head
I blame Eduard for such poor fit and poor instructions :smack In the end ,I should have realized it, were it not for my woozy head the last couple of days :gogo

Anyhow . I was able to remove them and swap them around without any real damage . Currently curing in the corect wells.
Maybe tomorrow I can reinstall the rest of the stuff :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

You are turning this into quite the master piece, I hope when I build my 1/32 scale kit it comes out half this nice (y) :notworthy

You are turning this into quite the master piece, I hope when I build my 1/32 scale kit it comes out half this nice (y) :notworthy

Thanks Garry . Small things aside about the kit , it really builds into the beautiful bird that the real one is.

Besides, I can't see the point of throwing it together just to get it done :idonno Trying to get my money's worth out of it :rotf

I feel sure yours will turn out just fine :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Besides, I can't see the point of throwing it together just to get it done :idonno Trying to get my money's worth out of it :rotf

Seems there's a lot of that throwing it together going on lately, it's nice to see a sense of craftsmanship.

(y)

Meanwhile a few quick snaps

What do you think Mike . Looks better to me than what I can do with a brush.

Yak_bits_and_washes_001a.jpg

I did some bits of weathering tonight . Tried yet another wash with the exhaust and so far, I like it better than my other attempts .

Yak_bits_and_washes_002a.jpg

Hi Ausf . Those items in the wings are really old school stuff . The barber poles are landing gear down & locked indicator .
The circles in each wings are gas gauges .

Except for a flat coat on the doors, I think the gear is ready for installation .

Yak_bits_and_washes_003a.jpg

Now, I'll clean tonight mess. Funny how there are never even paint wells for simple jobs...

Yak_bits_and_washes_004a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)
Damn thats looking goooooood :popcorn

Back