• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

Thanks a lot Duke! I rely recommend the Begemot decal set. It's far better than the original Italerie one which was in my Testors box.

Sounds good. I do have the 2009(?) IPMS convention decals for this B-2 Spirit that I plan on using. I'm saving these pics for ideas on mine. I do wish there were a set of engine turbines for both front and back I could add to this since my scratchbuilding skills are too slim for me to build what you did.

BTW, if there are no stencils on the IPMS sheet, does the Begemot decal set have them? If so where can I pick one up? Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot!

It is all because this Valejo flat clear is just excellent - really - what you see are two coats of that and it flatten everything out - this stuff is brilliant. I used it with a 0.7 nozzle as it came out the botlle.

@Duke:
The only after market decals I know for the B-2 are those from Begemot look here: http://begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=7 - The PDF of the Begemot instructions: (http://begemotdecals.ru/doc/72-017%20B-2.pdf ) There is everything you need for one B-2 out of 4 or 5. This is just because the Italerie ones are misprinted in color or better only for the first B-2 version.

and for the engines - well you could use some F-15 aftermarket stuff - as far as I've learned, the B-2 uses almost the same engines only without after burner. But you still would need to scratch the engine bays, just because the once molded are just too narrow for two engines.

If you want to do it out of the box, I would do it gear up - this would save a lot of time

Thanks a lot OD, Ron, Dusan and Gene!

I really want to thank ya all for following me through this and I have to apologize I wont finish this GB in time.

Well, I think I can close the painting on this one

P1070608_2.jpg

P1070610_2.jpg

P1070618_2.jpg

now only the wheel wells, the bomb bay and the entrance and a base and .... damn this must come to an end.

I will continue it and try to finish it until the upcoming model show in March in Munich. I will do a last update next Sunday if I'm able to achieve something and then the updates will stop until after the show :) BUT - it will return finished next year!

So thanks again for your patience to follow me and Thanks Terry for this great GB idea without that I never would have started this one!

I wish ya all a peaceful Christmas!

Cheers
Martin

Honorable effort awards have been issued on some builds.

love the exhaust stains. what did you do?

Thanks Bob!

The Exhaust - in this order:
Vallejo glossy black full coverage
ALCLAD white alu full coverage
Model Master exhaust not in full coverage
then for the lighter parts
ALCLAD stainless steel
ALCLAD burned metal
ALCLAD chrome
and last some shadows with very very thinned black oil paint

I agree with Bob. You've come so far, and done so well that you deserve a Campaign ribbon for all this work. I'm sure one could be awarded "posthumously". :D :D :D

Brilliant work on this bomber. I will save that info on the exhaust and see if I can replicate your fine work on mine.

Absolutely stunning work. And I agree with Bob, you deserve a campaign ribbon. This is great stuff (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks Bob!

ALCLAD stainless steel
ALCLAD burned metal
ALCLAD chrome

I gotta figure out something to try that one. :notworthy (y)

Thanks a lot folks!

Thanks Bob!

ALCLAD stainless steel
ALCLAD burned metal
ALCLAD chrome

I gotta figure out something to try that one. :notworthy (y)

wait a moment I just figured I've fogotten two other

ALCLAD stainless steel
ALCLAD burned metal
ALCLAD chrome
red tinted thinner
blue tinted thinner
and last some shadows with very very thinned black oil paint[/quote]

and to explain what I mean:
tinted thinner = fill about the volume of half of your thumb in a glass or soemthing; take a tube of oil color an press it until the color inside is even where it comes out; then wipe a #2 brush through the oil paint and clean it in the thinner - my thinner is named "special fluel" dont ask me what it is realy
very very thinned = same amount of thinner; oil color same handling as above: #4 or 5 brush; wipe through the oil paint and clean the brush in the thinner; repeat that

Well Thats it - I'm using a 0.2 nozzle at a very low pressure

If that does not make any sence I can try to make picture SBS in some days.

Yep Martin should get the ribbon no matter what. (y) With oakleaf clusters

B)

oh dear :) Thanks a lot!

If you ask me those ribbons are for fulfilling the rules and I failed :)

Thanks again I really appreciate all your compliments!

Back