• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kinetic Harrier T4

Thanks bob. really enjoyable build for me.
I was reading last night about how to paint cockpits because i dont want to use the pre painted PE stuff if i can do an acceptable job myself.
Also i need to pay a little more attention to tidying up paint edges and small detail. Something that is lacking once you start doing close up pictures.

Thanks bob. really enjoyable build for me.
I was reading last night about how to paint cockpits because i dont want to use the pre painted PE stuff if i can do an acceptable job myself.
Also i need to pay a little more attention to tidying up paint edges and small detail. Something that is lacking once you start doing close up pictures.

Timely comment, I got the chicken in the roaster and heading out to the shed to paint the cockpit of the mustang now.

Nice finish Paddy. I agree with you on Kinetic's instructions being a bit...lacking... I'm running into some where they have the wrong part number listed, to a sprue that isn't even part of the kit. My guess is it's a part number from a standard F-16 kit. They probably just copied some of the instruction steps that aren't visually different for the XL and forgot to double check part numbers. My theory anyways.

Now that's a pretty birdy, Paddy! Great write-up and excellent recovery. Good to know some of the oddball issues with the paint, especially after all that work.

Awesome finish!

Just a foot note to this build

I am currently building another Kinetic harrier. this one is a Royal Navy FA2 which was essentially an upgrade of the FS1 which in turn was a single seat T4. However i can now see why there are question marks over the Harrier wing fit ,
This FA2 i am building has a totally different wing assembly from the T4 i built. Maybe Kinetic learned lessons from the FA2 and improved the T4 on release ? The wing fit and even design of parts and assembly is different and needs some work to get it to fit on the FA2 despite being basically the same aircraft as the T4... Its not insurmountable but it will need filling and sanding and some strong clamps to hold things while the glue sets :)

Back