• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

Looks good to me. The tarmac at Whiteman AFB is very well cared for. No bad spots.

(y)

I agree with Terry, that tarmac would be in pristine condition physically.

One thing I would add, on these tarmacs there are grounding points all over the place. I'm sure their some rule on the spacing of them but time has robbed me of that info. It would be a yellow dot with a black outline and a metal loop would be in the center, the loop or eyelet would not protrude over the plane of the tarmac. Wouldn't be sticking up...they would have a grounding wire running from the parked aircraft to the grounding point. Also any equipment around that aircraft would be grounded to the same ground point.

Here's a schematic of one for the Navy, sure they would be the same for the USAF...well....who knows...

154888323_7c57e0acab.jpg

Nice photo!
B-2forMLP.jpg

Here I go with my TMI answer:

StaticGroundPointSpacingUSAF.jpg

StaticGroundPointSpacingUSAF2.jpg

StaticGroundPointSpacingUSAFb1b.jpg

staticgroundpoint.jpg

StaticGroundPointSpacingUSAF3.jpg

StaticGroundPointSpacingUSAF4.jpg

The one below is the US Army:

StaticGroundPointSpacingUSA.jpg

The above comes from the unified specifications put forth by the DoD on runway and tarmac construction.

Regards,

Thanks Bob!

Wow Saul, thanks a lot!

Well I than should do more homework then :) and I just thought smear some plaster and paint that would be enough :)

Wow Saul, thanks a lot!

Well I than should do more homework then :) and I just thought smear some plaster and paint that would be enough :)

Actually, I believe one should build as they like. If one wants to go all out in details, there is no harm in asking.

My reply had more to do with Moon Puppy's "Here's a schematic of one for the Navy, sure they would be the same for the USAF...well....who knows..."

Obviously, I know!
:evil:

Not many would have noticed and even fewer would have the manuals handy.

Regards,

Thanks a lot!

Well I bring this up again, as I did took some pics outside and thought I could share those too - so never mind rewarming an old theme :)

p10800501.jpg

p10800761.jpg

p10800381.jpg

p10800361.jpg

p10800341.jpg

p10800221.jpg

Thanks for taking pics of your model outdoors, it looks even better than it did before. Its tough to beat natural light for taking pictures of scale models. :D

Matrixone

Martin I never get tired looking at this build - she looks awesome and evil all at the same time - just simply stunning!

Back