• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The Inglorious Basterd"

Well, it does appear that way, doesn't it?? :blush: The pictograms that pose as "instructions" are inverted, I assembled everything right side up. Fortunately, I used the handy, dandy Scotch Quick dry Adhesive, so "should" be able to disassemble. Might swap to kit parts if things go south. Thanks for catching that, John!

Iron Mike ... Th hands of a Surgeon !!

Thanks, Terry!

James, too much schnapps, maybe??

Thanks Erik! Once a Surgeon, always a Surgeon!

OK, ever have something that eats at you SO bad, but you just can't figure how to fix it?? I finally got a day off to see if I can correct my error, pulled the pieces off, switched their sides, quartered turned them and BINGO, they just fell into place!!

IMG_3942.JPG

Time to move forward and this time, I won't forget the gravy! :D

Thanks, guys! I didn't think it looked quite right when I built it, but it fit, so who knew?? Guess I should have had some better reference pix? Maybe should have quit for the day 30 minutes earlier?? Oh well, glad my MA buddies are watching out for me!! :notworthy

Well, you know my take on this one, Mike: it's looking cool, as it did in the first place - I still can't really see the difference. Maybe if I stare at the pics for another week it'll come to me... :idonno I'm probably just a little brain-dead...
Emoticon_drooldead.gif
:)

In any advent I'm sure this will be another one of your very cool builds! :notworthy

Cheers and keep up the good work! B)
Fernao

Thank you, Laura!

Fernao, I appreciate your confidence!!

Here's what two hours at the bench yields.

IMG_3943.JPG

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

After the adhesive dries, I'll beat the mesh up some. Man, there's a lot of parts in this step!! Kore to come.

Re: "The Inglorious Basterd" UPDATE 04-24-2011

Hello friends!! Thanks, Ron, I appreciate your input!! I have been working on several projects at once, so finally got back around to The Basterd. I love the interior of the StuG, even if you won't see it when I button her up! Here's some pix as it goes together.

IMG_4034.JPG

I removed a fender, just for visual interest.

IMG_4036.JPG

I had to add some color down where it will be hard to paint later!!

IMG_4035.JPG

Interior was sprayed with Model Color Cavalry Brown, then a couple heavy coats of hairspray, followed by Tamiya Deck Tan mixed 50/50 with Tamiya X-20A thinner. I let it set up about 5 minutes and started washing the surface with warm tap water and a soft brush. I washed the interior with several filters and MIG washes, drybrushed with several tones of silver and German Grey. Crusty, huh?

IMG_4040.JPG

I added a couple machine guns on scratch built mounts and some Tamiya ammo cases.

IMG_4039.JPG

More fun to come!! Thanks for looking, any suggestions, comments or questions always welcome!!

Thank you gents!! Just finished soldering the stowage racks, kind of a pain, but sturdy!!

IMG_4041.JPG

Only mocked up for now, I'm not brave enough to try to mount wheels and tracks with them in place!! :D

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

Working the weird shifts this week, may not get back to the bench until Friday. Thanks for looking!! (y)

that's totally nice! did you solder, looks soldered...looks very well done, crisp. No battle damage!

Rock on Mike (y)

Very clean build, Mike: couldn't expect no less from you! :dude The StuG is a very interesting subject to model, mainly because it's a "good looking" piece of armoour, at least IMO. It also gives the builder ample possibilities of adding a diversified load on it's back, which can make it look a "real" combat machine that has seen action. ;)

Hope your build goes smoothly and that you will choose the winter cammo scheme - sorry if I seem insistent, but I would really like to see how you'd go about it... :)

Cheers and good luck! B)
Fernao

Back