• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Four Horsemen. A History. 1978 to 2019

Bob, I must say reading your story in one complete form is/was inspiring and worth every minuet. For modelers like myself, especially, it is such a great privilege to be able to see and communicate with you, although its mostly well deserved laudatory comments. Knowing I could ask a "real question" and get an answer is a very valued part of my interest in modeling. I feel as if we are friends, though we've never met. (y)

Also I'm old too so we share that in common-the modeling thing (on my side) not so much. :lol: :laugh:

Bob, I must say reading your story in one complete form is/was inspiring and worth every minuet. For modelers like myself, especially, it is such a great privilege to be able to see and communicate with you, although its mostly well deserved laudatory comments. Knowing I could ask a "real question" and get an answer is a very valued part of my interest in modeling. I feel as if we are friends, though we've never met. (y)

Also I'm old too so we share that in common-the modeling thing (on my side) not so much. :lol: :laugh:

You know Steve,

I feel the same way about people like you. I'm nobody special except that I met the right people at the right time all those many years ago. I love modeling and always will, and I really enjoy swapping tales with other modelers such as yourself. Thanks so much for the nice comments, not sure I could answer all of your questions but I sure as hell would try!

I think of everybody on this website as a friend! Maybe some day we can hook up somewhere!

All the best and thanks again,

Bob

Well, I went to the Oncologist yesterday. I was advised that I am now 100% cancer free. I will be returning quarterly for a CT scan and Blood work to make sure it doesn't return and if it does, will be caught early. I have been off chemo now for 60 days, another 30 days and it will be out of my system and I will no longer feel any side effects.

I am back to walking. Doing a mile a day and increasing. I have been back to the gym and am almost back to the weights I used prior to the diagnosis in January, 2018. I am now writing a long article for the new Spanish magazine Dioramag. It is a lot of work but, I should wrap it up this month. Then....... Back to the bench

I feel great!

Bob

Wonderful news Bob!! so glad for you (y)

Mats

Hello!
Thanks for sharing so much knowledge and emotion.
I am from Azores and i first heard about you, Shep Payne and Verlinden on a FSM magazine someone bought me on the PX at Lajes airfield (Terceira Island).
That was 25 years ago, and i still have that magazine.
Well, i´m one of those modellers that never got to build a diorama, but keep dreaming with it, as well as with your work.

Thanks again!

José Pires

Hello!
Thanks for sharing so much knowledge and emotion.
I am from Azores and i first heard about you, Shep Payne and Verlinden on a FSM magazine someone bought me on the PX at Lajes airfield (Terceira Island).
That was 25 years ago, and i still have that magazine.
Well, i´m one of those modellers that never got to build a diorama, but keep dreaming with it, as well as with your work.

Thanks again!

José Pires

Thanks you Jose for the very kind words,

Keep dreaming, it will happen!

Bob

Hey Bob,

Amazing story I never get tired of reading and re-reading. As for Mastercon, it will go down as one of the greatest ideas for modelers... ever. So many great memories and friends made. To you my friend, thanks for that! Cheers!

First off welcome the MA Mr. Waltman. Many great friends were made at Mastercon. I have never regretted joining.

Terry

B)

Welcome aboard RW!
If you'd like we have an introduction forum if you'd like to post an intro.

https://www.modelersalliance.org/forum/introduction-forum

Hey Bob,

Amazing story I never get tired of reading and re-reading. As for Mastercon, it will go down as one of the greatest ideas for modelers... ever. So many great memories and friends made. To you my friend, thanks for that! Cheers!

Finally!!!! Welcome aboard Bob!

So glad to see you here posting. I've bragged you up to a lot of these guys so post some photos!!!!! No pressure at all! Right! :) As you can already see, there are several old Mastercon regulars on here! Terry of course, Susan and my daughter Gail, John Bowery, Bill Chilstrom, Wes Bradley as well and, I'm probably forgetting somebody!

This is a great bunch of guys, you won't find any flame wars here! I've been a member since 2005! there is some exceptional talent inn here as you will discover. You've seen all my stuff but there is so much more on here!

Damn! You've made my day Bob!

Bob

Back