• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Four Horsemen. A History. 1978 to 2019

(y)
Thank you for sharing that with us Bob and putting in the massive effort to create that post of model history. If the 4 of you, through all of your combined and individual dedication to modelling over these years, had not made this journey then, I truly believe that the art of model building would only be half as bright as it is in 2019.
Thank you for your bold endevours and on going where no modeller had gone before.
You guys built the stage, turned on the lights and wrote the script as far as I am concerned.

Regards
Ian.

Ian, I was having this great time doing what I loved and just happened to be at the right place at the right time with the right people. That's what most people would call luck. Now in my december years, I have great memories. Young men accomplish things, old men remember things. I have some awesome memories and, fortunately, I have a great memory as well with which to enjoy them.

Thanks Mate!

Bob

Also very much enjoyed reading the story Bob- and am glad I was invited here by Saúl years ago so I could get to interact here with you. My wife and I are on vacation with our kids here in Florida for the week and I swear I saw your doppleganger here on the beach during our morning walk. Had to do a double take ;)

Also very much enjoyed reading the story Bob- and am glad I was invited here by Saúl years ago so I could get to interact here with you. My wife and I are on vacation with our kids here in Florida for the week and I swear I saw your doppleganger here on the beach during our morning walk. Had to do a double take ;)

Thanks Jeeves,

Apparently, I look like a whole lot of folks. People have been telling me I look like somebody else all my life.

I got a complex from that! :)

I was on the Gulf Coast a week or so ago, but in Texas, not Florida!

Bob

Thanks for sharing the history of the Four Horsemen of our hobby/art form. Y'all definitely had a major impact on my wanting to become a diorama builder back in my early modeling years of 1979 - the late 1980's. Had to take a few breaks after 1988 due to military training and deployments until 2016 when I retired, but your collective work kept me coming back to learn new techniques and see what the latest releases were. I don't think our hobby would be as advanced as it is at this time if y'all hadn't laid that foundation and interest.

Cheers,
James

I only have one thing to say - hand on heart - after seeing the bobletterman.com site for the first time few years back, I loved it so much that I started modeling. First competition for me was in 2011, third place in dioramas.

Thanks Bob :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Laurence

Thanks for sharing the history of the Four Horsemen of our hobby/art form. Y'all definitely had a major impact on my wanting to become a diorama builder back in my early modeling years of 1979 - the late 1980's. Had to take a few breaks after 1988 due to military training and deployments until 2016 when I retired, but your collective work kept me coming back to learn new techniques and see what the latest releases were. I don't think our hobby would be as advanced as it is at this time if y'all hadn't laid that foundation and interest.

Cheers,
James

Thank you sir!

Those are very kind words! I appreciate that!

Bob

I only have one thing to say - hand on heart - after seeing the bobletterman.com site for the first time few years back, I loved it so much that I started modeling. First competition for me was in 2011, third place in dioramas.

Thanks Bob :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

You have huge potential as a modeler. I am happy that I was even a small part in bringing you aboard!

Bob

Well, I went to the Oncologist yesterday. I was advised that I am now 100% cancer free. I will be returning quarterly for a CT scan and Blood work to make sure it doesn't return and if it does, will be caught early. I have been off chemo now for 60 days, another 30 days and it will be out of my system and I will no longer feel any side effects.

I am back to walking. Doing a mile a day and increasing. I have been back to the gym and am almost back to the weights I used prior to the diagnosis in January, 2018. I am now writing a long article for the new Spanish magazine Dioramag. It is a lot of work but, I should wrap it up this month. Then....... Back to the bench

I feel great!

Bob

Well, I went to the Oncologist yesterday. I was advised that I am now 100% cancer free. I will be returning quarterly for a CT scan and Blood work to make sure it doesn't return and if it does, will be caught early. I have been off chemo now for 60 days, another 30 days and it will be out of my system and I will no longer feel any side effects.

I am back to walking. Doing a mile a day and increasing. I have been back to the gym and am almost back to the weights I used prior to the diagnosis in January, 2018. I am now writing a long article for the new Spanish magazine Dioramag. It is a lot of work but, I should wrap it up this month. Then....... Back to the bench

I feel great!

Bob

Congrats
:drtumbs

As stated in the other thread...

Minion_Gallery.gif

Dear Bob.

Sincerely, I´m very glad in known that you´re ok...excelent news!...free of cancer is wonderful in all aspects! ( I know what is this...I´m free too :frantic )

Best regards!

Luiz.

I feel great!

Bob

Only one thing to say ... WOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....... you did it :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Wolfette and I are so happy to hear the fantastic news :D

Laurence

Back