• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The Inglorious Basterd"

Thanks, Ian! I followed your advice and bought an Armorscale barrel, went with the L/48 just to be a little different. It's a bastard anyway, right? The barrel is a jewel!!

The details are superb!

IMG_4104.JPG

The barrel is threaded and rifled, just like the real thing!

IMG_4105.JPG

IMG_4106.JPG

Some of the parts are small, thankfully they included a couple extra nuts!

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

Cleaning up odds and ends, getting ready for final assembly and paints. :soldier

Looking very good Mike. Keep those pics coming. Remember, there are people like me on here that can't read and therefore need pictures.

Joe

Dang Mike, missed this update the other day. Great find on the barrel, worth the effort to track it down??

Thanks guys! Yes, the Armorscale barrel is worth looking for,I bought a couple for future projects! I painted some of the stowage and misc. baggage for the StuG and my French carrier but have not taken any update photos. Off several days this week, planning to catch up!! :soldier

I tell ya another one that makes Barrels just as Spiffy - RB Barrel . Very , very similar to ArmorScale - almost too similar . R.B. also threads the ends of th German Barrels & rifles them !!! Just a thought if you can't get a hold of any ArmorScale barrels .

RB Barrel - http://www.rbmodel.com/index.php?action=products&cat=news - as you can see they also make some other really Cool Stuff - turned German Hand Grenades , AWESOME Buckets ! , Turned Panzer Fausts !! Tons of cool stuff for a few different generes !!

MIKE - I can't wait to see morre of this Rockin' STUG !!! :ro:

Re: "The Inglorious Basterd" IN COLOR~!!!~

Hello friends! With several projects going at once, I've been jumping around a bit while different assemblies are drying. I finished up most of the major parts to the StuG, time for some color! I decided to try a different approach to the camo, went with shorter lines and splotches just to be a little different.

IMG_4173.JPG

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

The figures are from the Dragon German Tank Crew kit 6014 and fit the openings with very little adjustment. The fellow standing beside the gun will be manning the MG when things get that far. I wanted to mock this up as much as I could to post some pictures, since it's back to work tomorrow!

Oops, gonna have to touch up around the rear vent, didn't notice it in real life. Leave it to the lens to find the flaws! :laugh:

Looks fine to me, not sure what you're talking about around the vent but check to the left of the gun, that shield that comes up. Really fine squirtin' you did there Mike!

What's in the wicker basket, taters???

Thanks, Tom! I had to keep up with your pace!

Thanks, Bob There's resin in that basket! Might add some taters in one of the others. There's a few spots that need a little help, easy fixes though.

Thank you, Joe! I use an Iwata Eclipse. The paints are Tamiya thinned with Tamiya Lacquer Thinner.

Thank you too, James!!

I started cleaning up the Legend stowage, excellent looking stuff. Updates to follow!

Looks fine to me, not sure what you're talking about around the vent ... Really fine squirtin' you did there Mike!
My untrained eyes didn't pick up anything wrong around the vent... just some fine paint job, my friend. :dude I like that cammo scheme a lot: I'm sure that after some weathering it will look mighty fine, sir! Congrats! (y)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Thanks, Terry! I appreciate that!!

Fernao! Good to have you back and posting again, my friend!! There are many areas that are requiring some additional attention, but should be easy to fix with additional camo!

I worked on the Legend stowage a little, but progress was too slow for update pix.

Oops, gonna have to touch up around the rear vent, didn't notice it in real life. Leave it to the lens to find the flaws! :laugh:

MIKE,

Great lookin' camo !! As far as th vent goes .... A nice wash & weather will take care of it !!!

:ro: :ro: :drinks

MIKE,

Great lookin' camo !! As far as th vent goes .... A nice wash & weather will take care of it !!!

:ro: :ro: :drinks

Thanks, Erik! The spare track links and stowage will probably hide it, but I'd know it's there :idonno :laugh:

Speaking of stowage, it's been a quiet week here on the modeling front. I started painting the stowage set from Legend, it's a really nice set with crisp molding and no imperfections! The only knock I have on this offering are the enormous blocks of resin that need to be removed from the parts. It took a little thought and some careful cutting to free them. Enough talking, here's the pix.

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

Everything is just temporary, just wanted to see how much room I had left. Thoughts, suggestions, jeers always welcome! (y)

MIKE,

Lookin' Good !! Now She's ready for th weathering ? Great Job on th Camo !! (y) (y)

:drinks

Back