• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"The Inglorious Basterd"

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Just to make things interesting, here's my other entry, the StuG III G from DML, dubbed "The Inglorious Basterd". Another friend of mine refers to the StuG as "those wicked, mean bastards", so I borrowed the movie tag and hope to build a dirty, mean and nasty version of one of my favorites!

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3882.JPG

IMG_3883.JPG

As you can see, I've been collecting StuG parts for a bit, now's the time for them to come to good use! :D

Ok, I was wrong ! :sick: I'm switching sides. Those Canadians are on their own :idonno

This one should keep you busy for a couple of days

Wait...what? This aint what you said you was...nevermind.

Looking forward to seeing the Iron Mike treatment on this thing!

phew.gif
Thought you "was" gonna betray us! So dude, to compensate for your Fire Fly sacrilege, you're offering the StuG to the model gods... okay. :dude

With all those goodies, this will certainly be a very interesting build: another one to follow closely! ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

OK, I'm back to what I know and did it feel good to get back to the bench!! Our plans for today changed, so I got to spend the day working on The Basterd. Here's an overview of the festivities:

IMG_3918.JPG

There are SO many variations and field modifications on the StuG, this is gonna be fun!!

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

Torsion bars don't work, note sure why they are included, except if the top was going to be left off.

Fun with Brass!!

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

Too clean and tidy!!

IMG_3932.JPG

Gonna bend it up some!!

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

Good day's work!

IMG_3933.JPG

IMG_3934.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

Anyways, my eyes are crossed, my back and neck are saying I need a beer and I need to get a little more research done for my next steps. Comments, critiques, suggestions are ALWAYS welcome! Thanks, friends!! (y)

Super Lovely but you better upload smaller photographs before we hear complaints for those on less than high speed Internet connections...

Just sayin' before the puppy barks.

Regards,

I've barked that direction Saul, he barks back! If I could only get Mike do resize down to 1024 we'd be ok.

Nice work Mike, I can understand why you like the big pictures after working with such small stuff.

HA! Got em!

Found a way to make Coppermine resize the image. Mike you can still upload your massive images but Coppermine will resize it to 1024 wide. Will also reduce file size in the process. Sorry for the hijack Mike.

No problem, my friend, no problem. I was trying to find a way to phrase "Photobucket lets me resize my images", but you found it for me! :D

Oh no, inglorious already ! Darn Mike it sure looks good to me but what do I know, It doesn't have wings. Glad you had a break.

Hey MP those big pictures is the only way I can get anything to show up on the screen.

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, it does appear that way, doesn't it?? :blush: The pictograms that pose as "instructions" are inverted, I assembled everything right side up. Fortunately, I used the handy, dandy Scotch Quick dry Adhesive, so "should" be able to disassemble. Might swap to kit parts if things go south. Thanks for catching that, John!

Thanks Chris and Erik! Hopefully, the rest goes better. (y)

Back