• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messerschmitt Me P.1101 Nightfighter FINISHED!

matrixone

This model was built from the 1/72 scale Dragon Me P.1101 kit.

The model was built O.O.B. and markings came mostly from my spare decal box.

Some may wonder why this aircraft has green instead of gray squiggles for the camouflage pattern, as it turned out by the time the Me P.1101 was entering production most all nightfighters were leaving the factories in a single coat of pale RLM 76 and it was up to the commanding officers of the units that the aircraft were issued to to decide if additional camouflage painting was needed. The easiest paint colors for the unit aircraft painters to get were the late war greens and brown shades so that's the colors that appeared on many Me P.1101's...the variations of the camouflage schemes were endless. Mottles, squiggles, or even solid brown or green patterns were used. ;)

hde32be5.JPG

hb81808a.JPG

hafbd629.JPG

hc823348.JPG

h202bb6e.JPG

hdd51c5a.JPG

h46ef32d.JPG

h88df297.JPG

hbc253ed.JPG

ha3f8075.JPG

Matrixone

I have yet to master (or even attempt) squiggles in 1/72 so well done Sir! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Also, is that the ICM staff car in the one photo? If so how does it build up? :drinks

Thank you all for the comments! :salute

The staff car was built from the old Hasegawa kit, it was supposed to be 1/72 scale but it looks undersize to me. :idonno

While looking on the net for more information late war German aircraft designs I found a couple pictures that are of interest.

h499ad21.jpg

This is the only known color image of the Me P.1101 V-1 I have seen and its possibly a frame from color movie film. Notice the RLM 74/RLM 75 paint on the upper surface of the wing.

h18ea532.jpg

If this is a frame from movie film I would sure like to see the rest of the roll!

Matrixone

Very interesting Les, looks like a 35mm slide to me but who knows. Probably locked away in someone's closet long forgotten.

Back