• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

Korean Sherman

Marching on, still no tracks.

OK, on Terry's advice I got Olive Green and Burnt Sienna oil wash. I also went ahead and did some light dry brushing with Vallejo Buff and OD.

The first question is, is the base too big? Can I use the one that I have, that's ready to go mind you, or do I need to go buy another base, stain it, varnish it and all that trouble...or use the one I got that's ready to go? :D

Sherman047.jpg

Sherman048.jpg

Sherman049.jpg

Sherman050.jpg

Sherman051.jpg

Sherman052.jpg

Whacha think?

Korean Sherman

I like what you did with the wash, you know what I think about the base. :coolio

Korean Sherman

I think it looks great. The iceberg doesn't really conjure visions of Korea though :hmmm
James

Korean Sherman

I'm a diggin' this!

Olive Green and Burnt Sienna oil wash again, another layer. I may have gotten ahead of myself with the oil streaks coming from the fuel fill caps. I want to get a layer of dust or two on here. It looks like a reddish dust, y'all see it?

Sherman053.jpg

Sherman054.jpg

How you like those Archer transfers for the lettering?

Sherman055.jpg

Sherman056.jpg

I got email tracking on the track jacks are enroute from http://www.shapeways.com/

I may be a little short on the ammo cans, I can live with that.

I'm jazzed about the look so far, what y'all think?

Korean Sherman

Man I think it looks G R E A T :eek:hyeah

One little question= what's holding the spare wheel on Boss? I can't see anything.

Tony lee :)

Korean Sherman

Looking good MP. (y)

Tony there is a piece of bar steel welded to the hull that the wheel goes over.

Terry :popcorn

Korean Sherman

Yep, What Terry said. And from my reference photo, it looks like it's just sitting there, as with the ammo cans so no tie down straps to worry about.

Korean Sherman

The lettering is not hand painted? Looks good to me. I like where you're headed with this one. :good:

Korean Sherman

Yep James, it is. That'll be taken care of in the next several layers of weathering. I'm thinking it need to go light, looks like it's getting to dark now.

Korean Sherman

I may be a little short on the ammo cans, I can live with that.

Which ammunition cans are you using? Different brands have different sizes so you should not mix them next to each other.

Maybe I have some you could use?

While cleaning up, I came across some tombstone cans. I put them into a box of ammunition cans I have.

Regards,

Korean Sherman

Thanks Saul, You're right about not mixing them up. I got a bunch of PE cans from the old halftrack but, not sure how they compare to what I'm using and I really don't want to work with all that PE!

I'm using the Verlinden cans, resin and comes on a pour sprue of 5. I've scraped up about 20 all total, enough to get by. Have a plan to explain why some are missing...:D

Back