• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

Korean Sherman

Thanks Y'all.

Just got to figure out how to get it up in the air a little. Maybe find a chunk of wood about the same diameter or some PVC pipe...could paint that up in a brass color. :hmmm

Korean Sherman

Recovered from the drop, ended up not so bad afterall. Thanks for the :zen

Mike you wanted to see the .50 so here ya go.

Sherman036.jpg

Humbrol Metalcote and a dark wash. Sorry for the picture, I'll try again later when it's mounted. I like the result.

Got some Celuclay the other day. Hope you like the shading. Guess I don't need to get too far without adding the brown camo.

Sherman037.jpg

Sherman038.jpg

Whatcha think?
Bob.
She is coming along nicely. Why are the narrow type track links on the side of the hull? Shouldn't there be the E8 type spare tracks?

Korean Sherman

Bob.
She is coming along nicely. Why are the narrow type track links on the side of the hull? Shouldn't there be the E8 type spare tracks?

Thanks Chad...to answer your question, I don't know... :idonno

scan0002.jpg

Guess I do have the wrong tracks on it. Thanks for pointing that out, Should be able to fix it no problem.

Korean Sherman

What build I'd been missing... :bang head

Very nice Bob! :ro:
In future I pretend to do someone like this.. :soldier

Cheers

Art

Korean Sherman

Were those spare track in the kit???? Kinda hard to use VVSS track on a HVSS suspension. :rotf

B)

Korean Sherman

Were those spare track in the kit???? Kinda hard to use VVSS track on a HVSS suspension. :rotf

B)

What do I know, I'm a aircraft nut... :pilot

I got it fixed though. Thanks again Chad, I bet the other guys were snickerin' in the back waiting to call me on it when when I was done... :smack

Korean Sherman

Waiting until someone finishes to call it out is chicken stuff (you know what I really mean). I missed it because I don't build Allied, but who's to say it wasn't scrap heap armor added in the field? Glad you got it fixed. (y) :drinks

Korean Sherman

Scrap heap? because I got a picture that says it's not... :facepalm It was an easy enough fix and got the spares out of the AFVClub track set that I refuse to use, other than spares...

Thanks again Chad, it was an easy fix.

Sherman041.jpg

The Brown camo is Vallejo Dark Earth then mixed with Buff, didn't really work it with any rhyme or reason, made it random but I think the shading is too subtle to pick up on camera. Coat of Future is curing now.

Sherman042.jpg

Got a pretty good reference for how the port side looks,

Sherman043.jpg

Starboard side not at all so I exercised creative license.

Sherman044.jpg

Brushed Tamiya Khaki for the cover (Mantel Cover?). I brushed it because I wanted to get the texture for some washes that will come later. Oh, how does this look for the tow cable??

Sherman045.jpg

The spare wheel came from Tamiya M51 kit. Had to drill out the center and the lug holes. Think it will serve it's purpose. Anyone know where I can find that Track Separator thingy that is mounted aft of the first aid kit?

Sherman046.jpg

Played around with removing some layers to show wear, I'm thinking this Brown was not holding up too well being field applied so I'll likely do a dry brush or three over it with OD.

Waiting on another supply of tracks. Maybe between the three brands I'll have I'll stop being a punk and sit down and do one set.

Yeah I think the brown is too light but the washin' and stuff will take care of that later.

Hope you like it, sing out of I screwed something else up.

Korean Sherman

The camo looks good, the colors will change as you weather. Cable looks a little stiff, can you get a little more sag in it? (y)

Korean Sherman

I got the cable just laid there right now. That's Stainless Steel beading wire twisted and then I annealed it, very malleable so it should stick where I put it.

That track thing has been ordered, got estimated ship date of 7/31

Back