• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

Korean Sherman

Tracks are done, will have them mounted after I get the laborday weekend honeydoo list done.

Picked up some cheap wood at Hobby Lobby, slapped a stain on it. Think this one is big enough but small enough.

h08f8b38.jpg

h3b65671.jpg

Whacha think?

Korean Sherman

I agree, this gone be rock n' :ro:

it's Vallejo products, that you gone use MP?

Cheers :drinks

Art

Korean Sherman

Now this is progress, a little bumpy but progress.

installing the tracks and had a little hickup. First I found that I was one link to long and while cutting the one out, the end cap snapped off. so I got a good one cut off the other side. Drilled out the hole on the opposing link, pinned, drilled and installed the end cap, much like it actually assembles.

Sherman061.jpg

Sherman062.jpg

Trimmed off the extra and we're good!

Here's the base I'm going with. It's like a mini serving tray you find at the local craft store, I turned it upside down for a raised base. Guess I leave the holes open

Sherman063.jpg

Sherman064.jpg

Sherman065.jpg

Sherman066.jpg

No I didn't weather the tracks, figure since his is going to be static why bother with the bottom ones that will not be seen?

Really, need suggestions at this point? You see the little bit of mudding i've done, it's not sealed yet so I can undo. What do you think?

Korean Sherman

That is really going to look good, I like that base size much better. The tracks look great too! :good:

Korean Sherman

Celuclay is a mess!

OK work it like dough and spread it out.

Sherman067.jpg

Used some of Ant's screen (??) stuff and rocks for texture.
Sherman068.jpg

will get the colors in there when it dries.

Pigment work on the Sherman, thoughts?? It's not nailed down yet so I can remove or add.
Sherman069.jpg

Sherman070.jpg

Sherman071.jpg

Sherman072.jpg

Check out that Screw Jack thingy... (y)

Korean Sherman

The mounts for the track tool came out really well! The celluclay looks like it's gonna do the trick too!

A bit of inspiration for you.

ba06.jpg

(y) :drinks

Korean Sherman

Last update for the day.

Mike asked me earlier if last session was any good, well y'all be the judge

Sherman073.jpg

Sherman074.jpg

Sherman075.jpg

Celuclay may be dry tomorrow. I wanted to see the tones of the dirt compared to the color I added to the celuclay.

Holding off on mounting the Machine gun till last thing!

Now..where did I put those ammo can stencils?

Korean Sherman

Sure looks like the picture, is it the lighting or did the green change?

Back