• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

Korean Sherman

I do notice that there's a prtty big shift in tone with the Vallejo Matt varnish. Wonder how to get it back, I like the overall dusty look it had.

Korean Sherman

Latest. Love 4 day weekends!

Sherman076.jpg

Think the green will disappear when it's in the turret but it's pretty cool now.

Korean Sherman

OK guys, looks like I got a problem with the Celuclay and the base.

Sherman077.jpg

Any suggestions on how to make it behave?

Sherman078.jpg

Found this in some of the resin stuff I got. Can you make it out? It's a camera! :dance got to paint it up right.

Been playing around with some colors and textures.

You've seen the pictures, what you think?

Sherman079.jpg

Sherman080.jpg

Sherman081.jpg

Sherman082.jpg

Sherman083.jpg

Trying to make the road bed look like it's just been scraped, fresh dirt under the dried up sandy stuff on top.
Sherman084.jpg

Suggestions and comments really needed!

Korean Sherman

Wood glue mixed with water? Thought I saw something over one Letterman's garden. Sorry I really don't play with ground work. I seemed to have the same issue as you are having or it would stick good but warp the wood so bad it was useless. I do like your mound and the colors you have going on the ground work, I do think it looks like a fresh grading. The browns are a good match for the camo on the Sherman. Not dead on just a hair off as I would believe it to be.

Love the camera!

Korean Sherman

Normally, I mix the Celluclay with water and Elmers Carpenter's glue. As you have already mixed it and it is curling up, I would suggest you get some contact cement. Raise the edges, paint both the base underneath with the cement, and the underside of the Celluclay that you can pull up, let dry completely, then stick them together and hold down with a weight of some kind from the top until set.

I like the camo, it looks good. The camera just needs some detailing using flat black and tiny details of silver using a very small brush, (3 ought or 5 ought).

Hope this helps.

Dad

Korean Sherman

Score the base and then glue on the piece that broke off with 5 minute eposy. Then patch up with poly filla? or plaster of paris? My thoughts :hmmm
James

Korean Sherman

Thanks guys!

That was just the first whack at the camera, more painting and a strap will be added.

Korean Sherman

I likes it. I don't use celluclay much anymore, but when I do I mix it with PVA and water and score the base. You could fix this with epoxy-sculpt - which is what I am using for ground work nowadays.

Korean Sherman

Looks very good in my eyes MP! (y)

I like the addition of the dried root,many people overlook the things you can get for free in the garden or in the woods.Got a lot of dried roots in my stash for making trees and hedges.

Greetings,Ron.

Korean Sherman

Looks very good in my eyes MP! (y)

I like the addition of the dried root,many people overlook the things you can get for free in the garden or in the woods.Got a lot of dried roots in my stash for making trees and hedges.

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron, but truth be known, that came out of the care box Ant sent me a while back. Might have comeout of his garden... :rotf

Korean Sherman

I likes it. I don't use celluclay much anymore, but when I do I mix it with PVA and water and score the base. You could fix this with epoxy-sculpt - which is what I am using for ground work nowadays.

I agree with John, I use Elmer's yellow carpenter's glue in the mix. I have dioramas with terrain made from Cell-u-clay that are over 40 years old and still look the same as the day they were built.

As you build small dioramas, epoxy-sculpt would probably work the best. I can't use it because if I did, I'd have to buy it in 55 gallon drums and the dioramas would have to be lifted by cranes! :yipee

Bob

Korean Sherman

Oh kewl, a 3-ton crane in the hobby room - all the boyz would be jellie!

You don't have one? :idonno

Checked progress this am. All looked good. may have to fill in a couple more spots.

Also monkeyed around with the tarp on the back.

hb474bc2.jpg

hb2e4f63.jpg

Looks like the material sucked up a lot of the color so I'll be painting some more on it.

The Camera

hc947ad9.jpg

Overall shot :soldier

h89760ef.jpg

Back