• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Korean Sherman: Done

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
We've had a lot of starts today, nothing started under the Sherman Campaign so i'll go first!

3-16-2006-12.jpg

scan0002.jpg

This is Dad posing next to the tank.
Sherman003%7E0.jpg

I use to think this was the same tank but looking at how the stowage is arranged I guess not.

Sherman004%7E0.jpg

It's the Tasca kit. Going to make it look like the subject as much as I can. Not sure about the hull down position it's in on a base, may give it a shot. Well see how inspired I get for making a base.

Re: Korean Sherman

Pa Britt is looking dapper in his GI duds, this one ought to be fun. :ro:

OK you Shermanholics, what is that thing mounted on the side of the hull next to the insignia? I think the other thing is a jack?

Am I seeing things or are the tracks painted like they were in place when the camo was applied?

3-16-2006-12.jpg

OK you Shermanholics, what is that thing mounted on the side of the hull next to the insignia? I think the other thing is a jack?

Am I seeing things or are the tracks painted like they were in place when the camo was applied?

Little Dog can, stencil, insignia, armored first aid box, track connecting fixtures, sprayed over spare tracks.

Regards,

Thanks Saul, I was thinking about why they painted names on the gas cans, could it be those are water cans? Notice the one on the rear has "JOE" on it.

Hmmmm??? "joe" could be coffee. "Cup of Joe" or in this case "Can of Joe"

:D

If it's close enough to the exhaust to keep it warm, maybe it is "Joe" :yipee

Thanks John, good to know.

Found the other photo, it's a scan, and not a good one but that means the original is around here somewhere.

scan0001.jpg

Clearly we can see 7th 31 Infantry Bn. Dad was assign driver for the BN CO so this was one of his boss's tanks. Tank unit number is obscured but the stuff stowed. I'll find the original photo to see if I can blow it up and see more but I doubt it.

So..is this
Sherman003%7E0.jpg

and this
scan0001.jpg

and this
scan0002.jpg

3-16-2006-12.jpg

All the same tank?

And can I build it from the kit I have?

Yes, plastic has been cut and melted.

I'm really diggin' this kit. You really have a lot of options on this thing, with some aftermarket interior stuff, you could have it in a high level of maintenance with the transmission cover removed and all.

Nothing worthy of pictures yet.

I really like this kit. Lots of potential here.

Check out the bolt holes, you could model the transmission cover off, if you have the innards...

Sherman005%7E0.jpg

:soldier

Back