• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (V)

Thank you to all who have replied and followed along!! I get focused on a build and my other in progress stuff sometimes gets pushed aside, BUT that's why I have three or so builds going at once. I decided to shoot some paint on my Jagdpanzer while I was waiting for dry brushing on my gun truck to dry.

Base coat, Tamiya Semi Gloss Black

IMG_5505.JPG

IMG_5506.JPG

IMG_5507.JPG

Really makes the texture stand out. Sinister too, might have to a black something. :hmmm

I used AK Interactive's Dunkelgelb Base for the stripes.

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG

Looks like a mutant bee. :laugh:

Next, I used AK Interactives' Rotbraun Base for the adjacent stripes. They look lighter on here than in the shop.

IMG_5513.JPG

IMG_5514.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

Lastly, I used AK's Olivgrun Base for my green stripes.

IMG_5516.JPG

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

The AK paints are premixed, just put some in the airbrush and flail away! I shot this with my Iwata Eclipse at about 18 psi. I need to get the hatches, road wheels and drive sprockets based and painted, but the cool part about using the AK system is I don't have to worry about mixing the right color. Looking forward to hearing what you think of this.

:drinks

Interesting :hmmm . What do you thin them with? That might be something I'll have to try :) Thanks Mike.
James

No thinner required, but you can thin them with distilled water if you feel like you need to. Cleaned up with water and Vallejo Air Brush Cleaner. (y)

Thank you to all who have replied and followed along!! I get focused on a build and my other in progress stuff sometimes gets pushed aside, BUT that's why I have three or so builds going at once. I decided to shoot some paint on my Jagdpanzer while I was waiting for dry brushing on my gun truck to dry.

Base coat, Tamiya Semi Gloss Black

IMG_5505.JPG

IMG_5506.JPG

IMG_5507.JPG

Really makes the texture stand out. Sinister too, might have to a black something. :hmmm

I used AK Interactive's Dunkelgelb Base for the stripes.

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

IMG_5512.JPG

Looks like a mutant bee. :laugh:

Next, I used AK Interactives' Rotbraun Base for the adjacent stripes. They look lighter on here than in the shop.

IMG_5513.JPG

IMG_5514.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

Lastly, I used AK's Olivgrun Base for my green stripes.

IMG_5516.JPG

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

The AK paints are premixed, just put some in the airbrush and flail away! I shot this with my Iwata Eclipse at about 18 psi. I need to get the hatches, road wheels and drive sprockets based and painted, but the cool part about using the AK system is I don't have to worry about mixing the right color. Looking forward to hearing what you think of this.

:drinks

VERY cool! (y)

Thanks guys! The paints came from the AK Interactive German Dunkelgelb Modulation set (AK 002) and the German Camouflage Rotbraun & Olivgrun Modulation set (AK 167). It makes short work of color decisions, there's progressively lightened colors for those of us who were born without that art gene! (y)

Thanks guys! The paints came from the AK Interactive German Dunkelgelb Modulation set (AK 002) and the German Camouflage Rotbraun & Olivgrun Modulation set (AK 167). It makes short work of color decisions, there's progressively lightened colors for those of us who were born without that art gene! (y)

I'll have to try and find these and give them a shot. Looks pretty good from this side of the monitor.
James

Did you get your sets from the AK site??
James

I did. Their service is fast and the pricing is reasonable. The Camo set is one of the newer ones, so they deleted the primer and satin varnish from box. The earlier sets have 8 bottles, the new ones have 6. (y)

Back