• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (V)

Alot of these going on now! This is a refreshing break from the usual Sherman variants- you guys did an awesome job tag teaming that engine- Cant wait to see it dirty.

Thank you, friends!

After looking at the reference pictures and getting a good dose of confidence from Unca Tony, I dove in and made some alterations to the Armorscale casement.

I mocked up the fenders and built the engine deck. The bulkhead needed to be shaved down to let the casement slide into its location.

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Armorscale provides a PE bracket that connects the engine deck and the casement, but first, we need to modify the inside so it sits over the fenders.

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5095.JPG

None of the parts are installed permanently yet, still making sure everything fits!!

IMG_5094.JPG

I need to retract my earlier b!tch!ing, this piece fits once you massage it! Still deciding if I'm going to have this one be knocked out or up on its tracks, ready for the T-34 onslaught!
:drinks

If you plan to knock it out, you need to devise the method of elimination, perhaps mine damage? Or AP rounds to the lower sides, maybe engine area?

I would give it the maintenance problem since you removed the central section (unless it was long knocked out).

Regards,

Looking cool. All that cement must have really affected the drive and the suspension a lot.
James

Thanks guys! I have messed around with this one some more, painted the drives with Model Master Steel Metalizer.

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5137.JPG

Added a couple layers of hair spray and then a watered down mix of Tamiya Deck Tan and Flat White.

IMG_5138.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

I took the assembly to the sink and scrubbed off some of the tan blend to let some steel show through. I then used oils to dirty things up.

IMG_5149.JPG

I have a good shot of the compartment open on a Pz IV, so I decided to add plumbing.

IMG_5146.JPG

This is brass tubing, drill to make the T, with silver solder for the lines.

IMG_5147.JPG

Painted them flat black and glued in place.

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5158.JPG

That's as far as I got today, so far. More in a bit. :drinks

Thank you kindly, friends! I did some detail painting on the Panzer IV and mowed the yard just before the rain moved in, came in and assembled the fenders, engine deck and the lower hull.

IMG_5160.JPG

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

The casement is not fully attached yet, still checking the fit.

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5163.JPG

I made the control handle from a Tamiya German stick grenade, cut off the charge and inverted the handle. The interior is taped off and some additional assembly will be required before the painting starts, but it's back to work tomorrow. :drinks

That front edge of the casement looks like it's right on the money Mike. :v

It's goin to look fantastic B)
Tony lee

Time for an update, even if it isn't much. I realized I could not assemble the entire gun as Dragon intended, so since I have the hatches open and someone would look down there, I decided to build the rear breech and am going to glue it behind the Armorscale parts.

IMG_5198.JPG

Note the adjustment marks necessary to make the casement drop in. Thank you, Dremel!

I have been having a bout of Plantar Fasciitis (sore heels), so had another round of injections in each foot. Doctor told me to stay off them yesterday, so what the heck, let's build road wheels!!

IMG_5196.JPG

Saul's ref photo shows all rubber road wheels, so I ripped them up some, using Ian Hill's technique (thanks, mate!!) https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/ian-hill/20904-damaging-rubber-tyred-tank-wheels

IMG_5195.JPG

The casement is still not attached, waiting on the painted breech assembly.

IMG_5195.JPG

I'm off again tomorrow, so hoping to get back after it. Thanks for looking! (y)

Back