• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (V)

Dear Mike.

...I was missing this one :bang head ... excelent painting job,my friend ;) ... very well done...my congratulations :drinks

Best!

Luiz.

Thank you to all for following along, it's about to go places I haven't been before! :pinch: I did some detail painting and added some random chips.

IMG_5528.JPG

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

IMG_5531.JPG

I used the Chips Easily method https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/sprue-u-tips-and-techniques/78152-chips-easily Seems easy enough?

In studying the picture I'm using for reference, it appears there is some zimmerit on the engine skirts. I eyeballed the pattern and then made some reference lines for my home grown zimm.

IMG_5526.JPG

IMG_5527.JPG

I mixed up some Aves Apoxie Sculpt and got out my brand new Tamiya zimmerit set!

IMG_5532.JPG

I spread a thin layer of Apoxie Sculpt with the tool, repeating at each reference line. The black one is the other side skirt, I did that one freehand.

IMG_5534.JPG

This was a lot easier than I thought, guess we'll see what it looks like dry. The extra is going to be knocked off as the scuplt dries. :eek:hmy: I'm going to go back to the bench, more later. Thanks for watching!!

:drinks

Thank you, gentlemen! Those comments make me very happy! Here's some of what I was up to last evening.

IMG_5536.JPG

This morning I got up early to beat the heat, shot some paint on the cured zimmerit panels.

IMG_5541.JPG

It's a little easier to see the pattern with the paint on. More tracks and maybe a little assembly today??

:drinks

Mike, this is looking fantastic mate !!!!!

I absolutely agree on the Zimm,.. you've recreated that very very well

:drinks :drinks :drinks

Thank you, my friends!! I appreciate the kind words, makes me motivated. Last update for the weekend, there's a ton of small parts that have been painted and a run of Friuls built. I installed the skirts and decided to add the decals.

IMG_5542.JPG

IMG_5543.JPG

IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5545.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

IMG_5548.JPG

I did get the decals to snuggle over the zimmerit, several applications of Solvaset did the trick.

IMG_5549.JPG

I'll let this dry overnight and then add another clear seal coat in prep for the washes. Thanks for looking in! :drinks

Back