• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (V)

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Here it is, December 1!!! Time to start up a build I have wanted to do for a long time!!

IMG_4733.JPG

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_4736.JPG

IMG_4737.JPG

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

I found the add on concrete armor conversion from Armorscale, thought that would be a cool field modification for this build. The piece is well detailed and looks to be an unusual subject, I just hope it fits!!
No actual modeling progress will be made until Sunday, but comments, suggestions and photos would be appreciated!! (y)

Nice! Any plans for the leftover casement? I made the mistake of buying the A-0 variant only to find it never saw combat since it was mild steel.

Regards,

Mike, did you find markings for the subject with concrete armor? If not, point me to a photo so I can look in my decal stash.

Regards,

Here is a photo, location unknown:

concrete_jadgpz4.jpg

no discernible markings... I will read up to see which units equipped with Jagdpanzer IV were operating about. Note the lack of steel wheels up front and the L/48 gun without muzzle brake. It should be a bare threaded tip like so:

MVC-163F.jpg

I may have a spare barrel (or rubber roadwheels), let me know if they are needed.

Regards,

After pestering Saul for more info, I have got an idea in mind and can start moving forward. In between rounds of filters on other projects, I assembled most of the lower hull.

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG

I'm planning to order some parts Tuesday, hopefully they will not take that long to arrive.

:drinks

After pestering Saul for more info,...
I'm planning to order some parts Tuesday, hopefully they will not take that long to arrive.

You're not pestering me. ;)

What parts are you ordering? The one from the PM? If so, post it!

Regards,

Let me retract that last statement. R&J Products works on a limited schedule, which makes ordering a little more difficult. HOWEVER, their service is some of the best I have ever experienced! They were helpful and friendly on the phone and when it came time to pay for my order, I found out they now accept PayPal!! I ordered my parts on Tuesday and they were in the mail box for me on FRIDAY! From the west coast, no less! Enough talk, here's what I got!

IMG_4888.JPG

I'm intending to do a knocked out vehicle, a first for me, so the Friuls are a necessity!

Saul suggested adding the transmission and leaving the hatches open, so I bought the R&J Products RJ35211 Driver's Compartment.

The casting of this piece is exceptional, I have found the details crisp and well done!

IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4892.JPG

IMG_4893.JPG

Shipping was very reasonable and I am sure I'll be using R&J again!! Find them at http://www.rjproducts.com/
Now, if I could just get some more bench time! :drinks

On barrels that the threads are not visible on have a metal sleeve that protected those threads
and held in place with set screws installed.
That's why you can see a seam out there near the end of the barrel.

That's what I read anyway. :idonno
Tony lee

On barrels that the threads are not visible on have a metal sleeve that protected those threads
and held in place with set screws installed.
That's why you can see a seam out there near the end of the barrel.

Other than the set screws, correct! The thread protector was added with a special spanner which fit into slots in the locking ring. The screw, or bolt, was used when the muzzle brake was added and it set into the slot machined longitudinally as shown in the photo I posted earlier.

What the heck, here it is again:
MVC-163F.jpg

The thread protector was added to the Jagdpanzer 38 gun and the longer L/70 barrel on the
Jagdpanzer IV. However, this version with the concrete armor had the L/48 gun which used a muzzle brake. In the knocked out photo, this muzzle brake has been removed.

glad you got the insert. Affordable and the perfect eye candy for through the hatches. Frugality has its privileges!

Regards,

Back