• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (V)

Dear Mike.

...I´m very impressed with your build...it looks super cool...in time,love the zim :dude

Best :drinks

Luiz.

Excellent Work as usual work Mike !!!!

Can't wait to see this finished up & what else you will have in store for us !!! B)

Thank you, friends!! Well, we're rounding third and headed for home! Still shiny, but have the pin washes in place, tracks weathered and installed and the beginnings of the base.

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG

IMG_5642.JPG

The base is 1/2" Dow Styrofoam, with the "ruts" carved in. I plan to cover the foam with Celluclay and see what I can come up with for the churned earth where the track failed. :S :pinch:

The vehicle still has a few bits and pieces to be installed and then I'll flat coat and dust it down.

Thanks for checking in!! :drinks

WOW !!!!! You never cease to amaze me , Mike !!!!!!

excellent work & i think one of your best !!!

Love the zimmerit & concrete armor !!!!! :notworthy

Thank you, friends, you are too kind! :blush: Time for a mini update, I visited Casa De Dogwood a couple weeks ago for an experiment and build day. Moon Puppy purchased a tree kit from Treemendus and suggested I add one to my vignette. :eek:hmy: :pinch:
We broke out the wire and started bending and twisting our way toward something that resembles a tree, I snaped off a couple of shots while the Pupster was doing minor adjustments and inspecting my work.

IMG_5660.JPG

No one will confuse us with Mother Nature!! :laugh:

IMG_5661.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

As always, the day went way to quickly and I set the tree aside for a day when I could have time to add the "bark". While waiting on the paving to dry for my King Tiger, I re-read Ant's directions and mixed up a batch of bark powder. Mine is not as artistic and lifelike as Ant's, but passable for a first attempt.

IMG_5732.JPG

As you can see, the upper limbs are drying, revealing the color of the bark. Ant suggests a wash over the bark after a 24 hour drying time.

IMG_5739.JPG

IMG_5740.JPG

Can't help thinking about the trees from The Wizard Of Oz, "What do you think you're doing?"

Oz_Trees.jpg

Much more to come...

:drinks

Back