• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35 Tiger-I early version...

I believe you are looking at a shock absorber which are located inside the tank. Different view of the same thing.

hd7b9d65.jpg

Sorry not a cup holder.

B)

No, thats what I thought at first, but its the tubular piece on the right side beside the shock absorber that he is looking for Terry. Any ideas? I wonder if maybe an oil bottle or something. Have not been able to find it yet. The last pic I posted shows the bracket with nothing in it.
James

Ok....I believe that is the holder for a gas mask container. Those were placed in all the crew positions.

hdd59d71.JPG

hf42353b.jpg

B)

I'd thi9nk so also. The piece is wrong though. Ed do you need a gas mask container to replace the lump?
James

I'd thi9nk so also. The piece is wrong though. Ed do you need a gas mask container to replace the lump?
James

I don't rightly know James. Nothing on the instructions as to a part # for the gas mask container by the shock. I also notice the shock(s) at different angles too.... :hmmm Instructions show it at the 2 o clock, the pic with empty bracket at the 12 o clock & the cut-a-way shows it about the 10/11 o clock position!...

Thanks again for the assist! I spent a couple hours last night looking at Tiger pics!!

Yeah I know nothing about All that stuff ... I'm still reeling from my 1 to 1 project ... too much stuff ... I see what your talking about now ... I don't see it in any of James photos. It maybe a reservoir for the Hydraulic fluid ... or a tool box maybe... sorry don't know ... :idonno :hmmm :woohoo:

Thanks for checking in. Don't feel bad Gerry, I know nuthing about these things either!! But, I'ma learnin'!! (y)

So the model was built wrong. I thought gas mask carrier at first but looking at the pic I convinced myself it was a bottle or container. Glad Mr T had that pic and it shows it well in the pic you just posted. Its nice when a mystery is solved.
James

So the model was built wrong. I thought gas mask carrier at first but looking at the pic I convinced myself it was a bottle or container. Glad Mr T had that pic and it shows it well in the pic you just posted. Its nice when a mystery is solved.
James

Yes it is James! Always nice to solve a mystery :drinks Now I need to check the sprue for them & see if I got enuff of them... If not, they shouldn't be to difficult to make.

In the last 2 pics I posted, you see how the shocks sit? LoL...

Ok, I looked over the instructions & found where the gas mask containers are mentioned & numbered (in turret) so, went & looked thru the sprues & there's 6 of them with the kit :good:
I installed the shocks last night & since I have nothing better to do today, I'll break out the a/b & shoot the interior of this beast :soldier :drinks

Here's some pics of what got shot today...

hc8a7d7c.JPG

hed58a72.JPG

h483f499.JPG

h6ade776.JPG

h86837f0.JPG

I mixed about 4 drops of Tamiya XF-22 in with about 2/3rds of a paint cup of Tamiya Flat Red.

Back