• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M41 - Forty years later.

ij001

This campaign has thrown-up all sorts of questions for me - should I go with BIG & BOLD ?, something I've never done before ?, something with lots of new techniques to push me out of my comfort zone ?

In the end,it was an impulse buy yesterday, (Black Friday), from my local (only) toy shop which clinched it.

h6bb3feb.jpg

hdb67240.jpg

For just $22.50NZD (US = $14.45) I snapped-up this Tamiya M41. Initially released in 1969 and updated in '75, this was my first ever Tamiya tank kit, which I bought in 'Beatties', St. Johns Precinct, Liverpool in December 1979, so as near as makes no difference, [exactly] forty years ago.

I'm building it again now because the Anniversary Campaign has made it possible, because I loved the kit back then, and mainly because, now, forty years on, I feel I can really do it justice. At this moment, I've no idea how it's going to finally look, but I do know I'm going to use every gram (US = Ounce) of whatever skills I now have to make the best of this kit that I can.

Have a great weekend folks, more soon. Best from Middle Earth.

Ian.

Bringing this back to the top just to say that it isn't forgotten and will be hitting the bench as soon as my Phantom and 'another' project are both clear. Also decided to do an aircraft build alongside the M41 that has as much importance to me - I'll be starting a thread for that one in a few mins:

Ian.

Back