• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35 Tiger-I early version...

Yeah very nice Ed ... I think armor is very hard but also very beautiful if done right. You doing a great job on this one ... I need to start Mine ... 'ol Blues been driven most of the week ... still has the sputter if you get on Her ... but the Cam position PCM code has gone away !!! :woohoo: So now I can get back to the bench if I can find it ... :skipper ... I'm going to try for some tool holder to day ... then there is the Honey do list ... I'll be watching your progress ... I'm thinking those or Gas mask filters ... here's a photo I found ...

hc1ac0ec.jpg

Yeah very nice Ed ... I think armor is very hard but also very beautiful if done right. You doing a great job on this one ... I need to start Mine ... 'ol Blues been driven most of the week ... still has the sputter if you get on Her ... but the Cam position PCM code has gone away !!! :woohoo: So now I can get back to the bench if I can find it ... :skipper ... I'm going to try for some tool holder to day ... then there is the Honey do list ... I'll be watching your progress ... I'm thinking those or Gas mask filters ... here's a photo I found ...

hc1ac0ec.jpg

Thanks Gerry. I agree with ya on armor being hard to do. That's a good pic of the canister. I looked over the sprues & found I have 6 of them...
I'm thinkin' this thing needs a companion (at some point.. possibly a 1/2 track)

And, it sounds like ya may need to put a timing light on ol' Blue... :drinks

Well, I've been dilly-dallyin' on this some this week. Just about got the tranny ready to squeeze into the lower hull. Added the right/left steering arms & the driver's seat & radio operator's seat.

h6e4ceba.JPG

h597d1d9.JPG

Seems I need to reformat my camera :pinch: Took 5 pics & card was full. Then when I went to download to the computer, only 2 were downloadable.
Will get more pics taken & posted soon...

Thanks Gerry. I agree with ya on armor being hard to do. That's a good pic of the canister. I looked over the sprues & found I have 6 of them...
I'm thinkin' this thing needs a companion (at some point.. possibly a 1/2 track)

And, it sounds like ya may need to put a timing light on ol' Blue... :drinks

As far as a timing light goes, some folks say you can't time this motor, but you can change when advance or retard, this firing starts if my valves are still not shut good I would lose power.

Well I'm getting two PCM codes now, and I'm not trying to derail your thread, one is EGR Low and the others are cylinder 1 & 5 misfire, all this because a country macanic doesn't believe the computer. I've ordered a device that helps more than my OBD II reader, Called Torque, a cell phone app, it will go further in diagnoses than a code reader.

Now your Tiger is looking very good, and I'm very impressed with your photography skills such a great improvement ... the old tiger is really looking good ... I must get a start on mine still I need the PE for the aftermarket aspect ... and I'll have to order another work crew, from eBay as somehow I lost the ones I was going to use ... :laugh: :rotf :woohoo: :soldier :ro: :dude

Thanks Gerry. I'm startin' to get the hang of the camera now. :frantic Gess I betta work on my modeling skills a bit more seein' how the camera can (&will) tell on me. :blush: Been doin' a little touch up painting here & there before I drop the tranny into place and, working on little things & trying to decide how I want to display this :hmmm Hatches open,maybe have 1 set of tracks being repaired. I'm gonna try and do some air brushing this weekend but, seems Mother Nature has broke out Jack Frost from his cell & raining off & on again :S

As for your truck Gerry, I don't know anything about them codes. I'm gessing it's fuel injected & that the injectors need to be cleaned.

Sittin' here watchin' some paint dry as the rain falls upon us... Waitin' for the race to come on.
Got the engine compartment painted. Will post pics later :drinks

Ok fellas, here's the pics of what I did earlier today...

hff1831a.JPG

h194692e.JPG

hc95c7a8.JPG

hf0929b3.JPG

h551d5b5.JPG

I gotta let it dry for a day or two before I attach the side walls of the engine compartment. Been raining most of the day & supposeta keep on raining thru the week!! :frantic

Thanks for stoppin' by Terry :drinks Question for ya... how did ya make the chain for the filters on your Tiger? Did you just twist some very thin wire? :hmmm Yeah, I think I'ma gonna try n steal a page outta your book... :captain

I managed a little bit o bench time in today and, Ido admit, I sometimes even amaze meself... :eek:hyeah So, without further ado.... Pics!!! :drinks

hd72d740.JPG

h2b758ba.JPG

hecdd965.JPG

ha9be046.JPG

h292e5a0.JPG

h7a1eef6.JPG

h65098b8.JPG

I slapped on a coat of Zinc Chromate on these guys &I can already tell it's gonna take several :gogo
I had a time getting the tranny squeezed into it's position & I was a bit nervous about the steering control lever as it is right next to the tranny but, everything survived!! :geek Still got to attach the gas mask container there by the shock & a box to the left of the driver & a small panel. Waiting on paint to dry on them along with the front bulkhead & the "Support bracing" behind the seats and then I can attach the other ammo bins.

Thanks for looking in. Comments, suggestions, advice are appreciated. :drinks

Back