• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35 Tiger-I early version...

Hippy Ed

I'm throwing my hat into the ring on this one. I'm definitely in over my head & out of my comfort zone so, please bear with me on this. I'm mainly an aircraft guy.

h9a30819.JPG

h76a193b.JPG

hb1e9a82.JPG

I have a Lions Roar metal barrel & some Tamiya figures on order thru the Best lil' hobby shop in TX!
Now to figure out what paints I need & which scheme I'll do up since there's several to choose from...

OK, just went thru the instructions to see which markings I want to do:
Paint scheme C: 502nd Heavy Tank Battalion (S.PZabt. 502), No: 123, Lenningrad, Russia ca. 1942
which is Panzer gray. Not quite up for the tri-color scheme or, the Dark Yellow at this time.

Now I see the color call out for the Interior is: Light Interior. :idonno Can't find a reference to it.

I'm throwing my hat into the ring on this one. I'm definitely in over my head & out of my comfort zone so, please bear with me on this. I'm mainly an aircraft guy.

You're not the only one Ed so don't worry, you are in good company!

Should be good!!

:popcorn

:soldier

You'll do fine, great thing about armor is if you screw up, throw a tarp over it. :rotf :tomato

You might as well put a sign on it "I messed up here". :rotf

I have this kit so if you need any spare parts let me know.

(y)

You'll do fine, great thing about armor is if you screw up, throw a tarp over it. :rotf :tomato

(y)

Thank you Terry. I'll keep that in mind & hopefully I wont screw it up too badly. :drinks

One of the things I noticed with mine was that the transmission assembly didn't fit. Don't know if it was the kit or me, just something to watch out for.

B)

(y)

Thank you Terry. I'll keep that in mind & hopefully I wont screw it up too badly. :drinks

One of the things I noticed with mine was that the transmission assembly didn't fit. Don't know if it was the kit or me, just something to watch out for.

B)

Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm tryin' to finish up a couple builds then I'll dive into this.The RA-5C and the Kfir

As I've stated, I'm way outta my comfort zone on this build so, am relying on y'all to help guide me into the world of [strike]targ[/strike]Tanks. Seems there's little references on the Early Tiger-I [that I can find anyways] What is the concensus on the color of the interior of the engine compartment & the engine/transmission themselves?
Thanks for any advice y'all can provide. :drinks

Back