• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

well I'm a bit quiet at the moment - I'm sorry, there are a damn lot of other things to do :)

But I managed to get it all filled and sanded and started on the flaps

P1050075_1.jpg

P1050077_1.jpg

P1050078_1.jpg

Still a lot to do and I'm afraid it will take some time until you will see color

Thanks for stepping by

Thank you both!

This thing is driving me nuts ...

well the sanding is almost complete, only at the bottom there will be one more session :)

P1050306_1.jpg

and the most Q#%&QQ'%%§§$% thing - I had to remove the windscreen again, because of two reasons; first it broke out at some areas again during the massive treatment during the sanding and second a lot of dust crawled inside ....

P1050303_1.jpg

ah well .... but on the other side it is some steps further AND it has some color on it :) well just primer but hey that's some kind of color too!

hang tough martin! you're doing such a brilliant job, you HAVE TO finish it!

once the build is finished you can lean back, smile at the bomber and say "i won, not you!"

Thanks Laura :) I will finish it some small in between project did help not to give up on it

Looking good. So much work and the model shows it. I'm really enjoying watching this build. (y) (y)
James

Thank you both :) sure I will finish it

just a very small update tonight

P1050317_1.jpg

yep it's closed again and masked .... now the real fun can start

Thanks Bob - not finished yet

well a small update tonight - erm - I call it preparation work for painting :)

P1050330_1.jpg

P1050328_1.jpg

yep, I'm building some inlays for the leg graves. This way I can paint it and can do the detail work here in parallel ... in theory :D ... only the front leg bay has to be done before painting then

Thank you both! I know its boring but its going slowly but its going ...

so just a quick update (I couldn't resist :))

P1050508_1.jpg

yep! The fist coat of gray is on - now the masking ... but no - fist some other things :)

whoopsie! missed the last updates!

this build isn't boring! no way! it's phantastic to follow your adventure of pimping and tackling this kit!

your bomber looks great under primer and i cannot wait for the color!

:pilot

Thanks a lot :)

I just tested some effects on my test piece just to see whether the two main gray tones are OK for the spirit

P1050537_1.jpg

Back