• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

DAMNITALL!!!!!
I didn't realize it ended June 30. No way I can even call this done, just got the primer on last night.

Maybe the only chance I get to use this.... :smack

Ian

And well deserved Ian... :good:

I got a good excuse, work work work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOWYGrtY9c

Well I'll move it to Wesendorf Field and git'er done. :drinks

Na, that's not the intent of Second Chance. That's for making up what you missed out on. I could have finished this if the stars had aligned better but that's cool.

Yep,lets Sturm of it,on Wesendorf Field....(dumb corny joke,I know) :stinker
;) :drinks

Greetings,Ron.

Sky with a lot of white.

h7d04e56.jpg

Close, not so close? :idonno

Think I will do a bit of dark blue for some post shading. Not much.

If I hadn't seen Saul's post, I would have suggested add some 'azure blue' in to the mix.... just my two penn'arth.

Ian

Close, not so close? :idonno

Think I will do a bit of dark blue for some post shading. Not much.

Go for it Bob, considering the Russian forces moved all their production how many miles back into Russia with the German advances, who can Really prove what damn colours they mixed up, as you say,, Git her done!! (y) (y) (y)

Thanks Phil, Think I'll darken up my mix slightly and do a post shade along panel lines, don't think the underside would be TOO faded but let's see what it looks like.

BTW, it's "Git'er done"..."Git her done" is much more formal for our use. :rotf

Yep, that's what I'd be aiming for aswell. 'Course my aim may be a wee bit 'off' :coolio - When you come to the green, Bob, I know the 'current thinking' points toward a really bright almost 'pea green', and (to a point) I agree, but adding a wee drop of 'olive' will calm it down a lot. Again just my two penn'arth.

Ian

Green?? Really? OK, I'll ad a drop or two of green, think I will thin this application down and apply it like a wash, just a misting. Wahtcha think?
I added that paint chip, I see what you're talking about Ian. :drinks

So what's the prevailing though on the green up topside?

The pre-shading effects are looking very good Bob! (y)

I won't comment on the color chosen for the undersurfaces but anytime you are comparing colors or mixing shades of paint to match paint chips it should be done in natural lighting conditions, even the best indoor lighting can lead to mistakes.

For what its worth I tried using a dark blue for the pre-shading color a couple of times and it was a bust and did not give the results I was after, gray seems to work the best as a pre-shading color but that's with Luftwaffe RLM undersurface colors...maybe blue as a pre-shading color would be more effective with Russian undersurface colors. :idonno

Matrixone

Back