• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

Thanks Les, I thought about when I was doing this (don't take it personal.. :blink ) but how easy the enamel (green Drab) was flowing as oppose to the Vallejo (the blue mix) and how I had a better mix on it to get in tight lines and stuff. Got me looking at that 109 i got in the stash. :pilot

Good call with the camo pattern, Bob. Just had a read through the Osprey IL2 'Guards Units of WWII' book. The 'off-black' and olive green is spot-on for early M3's in Summer '43.

Still watching, friend. :good:

Ian

Good call with the camo pattern, Bob. Just had a read through the Osprey IL2 'Guards Units of WWII' book. The 'off-black' and olive green is spot-on for early M3's in Summer '43.

Still watching, friend. :good:

Ian

:blink :blink YGBSM!

:rotf Go figure, I get the colors right then I go and do this..

h2a0f45c.jpg

h6fa63e4.jpg

Might be too thick for what I intended. Took Vallejo Off White and thinned down to a thick wash, tried to make the spray pattern random, you know like comrade Bubba out in the cold with a spray gun trying to get the job done as quick as possible.

I could actually peal this off it's so thin so if I need to start over let me know. I was thinking to seal it with gloss coat after doing some chipping and worn spots but I don't know what to do for a panel wash. Any suggestions?

After you wear off whatever you want to, gloss coat and then use Flories wash. I think it would look very good. Maybe the grey wash.
James

The White wash is too thick. Totally obliterated the camo, I wanted the camo to show under the white some.

Chuck, it's not the hair spray but I have a nice layer of Testors Lacquer Gloss coat under that white. Pretty strong stuff and will hold up to any acrylic thinner that I use to distress the whitewash. Did that on purpose. :eek:hyeah

I did thin it Chris, I just kept going over and over and over....defeated the point. :rotf

Just hang on, I got a plan...(y)

Back