• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

With much regret I must say I am done here. I was going for a sure nuff finish with some underside weathering, mud splatters and what not.

I did some weather streaking alone the airflow over the wings, using AK Interactive Winter Grime, figured why not. Worked it very thin so may not show well.

Fixed the brass barrels I've been holding on to and while I was fitting the spinner in place, the LHS exhaust popped loose and fell inside the fuselage. If you've built this kit you know at this stage there's no way of getting in there. VERY Frustrating to say the least.

so with that, I'm calling it done. I'm not going fishing for it because even if i get it out, don't know how I can get it back in place. Maybe some day in the future I'll give it a shot but not now.

So here's the White Wash learning lesson. I would flat coat this but not going to waste time now.

hbf0e7ec.JPG

h84bf048.JPG

h920c949.JPG

h66e50fb.JPG

hccd8d4a.JPG

h23873e1.JPG

h9c704ea.JPG

h34e1377.JPG

Even did some wash on the underside.

h551c733.JPG

Well if I do a white wash in the future at least I'm not totally green on it. Who knows, maybe this will appear again sometime. but to the Shelf of Queens it goes.

Sorry to see you have a bit of bad luck there Bob, Heaven knows how may times I have done a similar thing to some of my builds and then had to relegate then to some other part of the universe. The weathering scheme you used looks real nice and really compliments the build well. I now would have to find me a Il 2 to do some day. Cheer up, there are plenty more planes in the stash.
16.gif

:pinch: .... Shame, you were doing so well (if that comes-off as patronising, you know it isn't my intent :v ). But like you say, treat it as a step on the learning-curve. Will set-you-up for that whitewashed 1:48 Ju-88 you've been promising y'self :evil:

Ian

Hey Bob, that's the best winter cammo I have seen you do so far . :tomato

By the way, all my builds are a learning step . Maybe some day I'll know something :rotf

About the separate exhaust, I always glue them in so they can without a bomb blast. If not, sure enough there will be problems :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Back