• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

Very crusty. :good:

That hobby shop you got your rectified turp had Moskit pipes, sure wish someone would figure out how they did it and make 'em again!

Although they don't look quite as nice I have seen these http://modelsua.com/Rexx.html Bob I used Moskit pipes on the Betty and if you can find them I would get them. They look so nice.

Bob, add a piece of plastic card to the rear gunners area otherwise you will have a horrible gap when you glue this in. :drinks

Pit is looking great.
DSC_9574x1b.jpg~original

You can deliver the payload and get the weapon home without the gunner- sad fact of warfare. That looks crackerjack, Moon- excellent chipping. Fun, innit? :drinks

True but then who's got your back ? :idonno

The Sturmovik not flying with the agility of a fighter caused a lot of anxiety with the aircrews . That is why the rear gunner option was an on/off proposition for this airplane . :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Chris!

Well that brings up a point. I attempted to apply the Vallejo Chipping fluid with airbrush but it was too thick. Am I wrong using that? I then tried brushing but it seemed to thick. Once it was dried I painted the base coat and as it dried, had that weird cracking going on like the undercoat was not dry. Since I was chipping it all up figure it wasn't a big deal.

But, what do y'all think was going on here?

Not sure Bob. Haven't done it that way.

1. Sprayed on Tamyia silver rattle can. ( let it cure )

2. sprayed hair spray.....waited a few minutes .

3. sprayed regular Tamyia paint.....let dry a few minutes....rubbed with wet dry brush brush untill desired finish achieved ....

By all means nothing wrong with what you did. Just a different result with amount of wear and tear to the paint. :)

I'm still trying to learn the process myself.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have the 'crackle' effect using hairspray, when laid on too thick and applied the paint right away. Might be part of the reason but I have never used the Vallejo stuff so can't say for sure.

Thanks Ken, Might have been too thick but it was a full day between layers, lacquer/hairspray/acrylics, so it had time to dry. Felt dry to the touch also. Again must have been the product, Cindy doesn't use real hairspray so I can't steal any from her. :rotf

Thanks Ken, Might have been too thick but it was a full day between layers, lacquer/hairspray/acrylics, so it had time to dry. Felt dry to the touch also. Again must have been the product, Cindy doesn't use real hairspray so I can't steal any from her. :rotf

So they don't sell hairspray in South Carolina? :laugh:

Might pick up some cause i'm not sure this Vallejo is intended to work the same as what I see elsewhere.

So what happened to them?

I've a heard a couple of things, one being that the chemical process
the guy used to thin the metal might have killed him.

Note: "Heard", not saying that's what actually happened.

More than likely he had to stop for environmental reasons...

Too bad, they were cool products.

Tom

They were basically anodized onto forms, and the forms melted out later. I'd heard divorce- note: heard. ;)

Need to get some pictures here. Started back on this, coming along nicely. Really need to rethink the assembly steps on these instructions, seems like things would be a whole lot easier in a different order.

Will have wings on today if I find the time.

Back