• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

:yipee

update!

Got some fit issues here, hope it gets hidden enough where it's not noticed.

So there's this kit part, some sort of air intake that has a screen on it. We get PE replacement, ok, let's figure out how to make it fit and stay put. Took some plastic tube to create a support for the end cap thing, painted it black for some contrast in there, hopefully. then inserted a rod that fit the hole where I cut off the kit part, gave it something to glue to.

hf430963.JPG

h3530355.JPG

h09bf55e.JPG

Not bad eh? :beer

Replaced the kit gun barrels with brass tube that was given the Blackenit treatement.

h007293a.JPG

Found that my brass stock apparently has some sort of coating on it because the blackenit reacted kinda weird, all this residue was all in the fluid and I found the next day the brass turned a copper color. So I sanded the brass and soaked it again. Not bad again...

hf8b6930.JPG

hb262818.JPG

Hope y'all like it so far, Will have this done before end of campaign, hopefully.

Anyone got any info on loadout and arming of Ruskin' weapons?

Nice job on that air filter! Is that The Small Shop's PE Assist? I've had mixed results with Blacken-It as well- it was a really fragile finish.

Way to go Bob . May not be correct but that's what I usually do . Mostly a matter of finding something with the right OD.

When did you get a PE. roller ? Been thinking I want one but $$$

Looking good ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice job on that air filter! Is that The Small Shop's PE Assist? I've had mixed results with Blacken-It as well- it was a really fragile finish.

That would be correct, Small Shop, though I didn't get the dowls for some reason. :idonno

I did test this, I sanded the brass rods and then gave them a soaking and it seems better, none of that funky residue showed up, and this was new work, not the stuff I had already done. I also sealed this with some clear lacquer :coolio

Way to go Bob . May not be correct but that's what I usually do . Mostly a matter of finding something with the right OD.

Looking good ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

OD on the Russian bombs? what about arming wires, or did they bother making them safe?? :blink

I got that roller at AMPS last year, think this was the first time I had a chance to use it for real. :facepalm

Anyone got any info on loadout and arming of Ruskin' weapons?

For the Il-2?
$_57.JPG

Note that the wing bays usually held 200 anti-tank bomblets which aren't in this detail set. Either four 132mm or eight 82mm rockets could also be carried and salvoed from the undersides of the wings outboard of the landing gear nacelles.

Regards,

Looking good ! (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

OD on the Russian bombs? what about arming wires, or did they bother making them safe?? :blink

I got that roller at AMPS last year, think this was the first time I had a chance to use it for real. :facepalm

Here's a bit of info Bob

Modeling the VVS: VVS Rockets, Bombs, Ord

Sorry, but have no idea on the load out . Cheers, Christian B)

Is this the link you're trying to send me to Chris?

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Research/Ordnance/Betab/

I know I have found more info on this topic but don't have it anymore. I'm willing to bet they had some form of safing them but it could be something other than a wire.

The Japs had a different method as well.

Look for the V V S forum . There is a good deal of info out there but it requires digging and talking to some people.

Cheers, Christian B)

Okay, this sucks. The VVS site is closed. On a good note the files will stay until Network 54 deletes them so look quick Bob. So much good stuff will be lost.
http://www.vvs.hobbyvista.com/
James

Already grabbed it James, don't know what the message is about but it sucks if he's being run off the web by trolls. I clicked on the link of the new site but web filters stopped me.

As an alternative, you could do your machine 'post flight' with rails and bays empty. I did that on my El Salvador F-51 from a couple of years back and got so many positive and/or curious comments when I took it to club nights & shows...

...just a thought.

Ian

Thanks Ian, got lots of info about how the bombs arming wires are attached. They must beat the hell out of the underside because it looks like they stay on the aircraft. Still looking into that aspect. I doubt this one will leave the garage though.

DAMNITALL!!!!!

I didn't realize it ended June 30.

No way I can even call this done, just got the primer on last night.

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Back