• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stuart Honey

Hi Bob, looking at this again after getting some rest. I agree with the above statement about the faded look .

I think it would be nice for the other red colors to also be faded. ( just saying )

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow, I had to go back to see if you added any detailing sets... the kit is not bad for being mostly OOB!

Believe it or not, no Academy Stuarts in my stash.

Regards,

JEB_STUART.jpg

Think this guy would be proud... ;)

(y) :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

SALUTE!
lilGeneral.png

Hi Bob, looking at this again after getting some rest. I agree with the above statement about the faded look .

I think it would be nice for the other red colors to also be faded. ( just saying )

Cheers, Christian B)

I tried Chris, the Future sealed it down nicely and I can't get to it. Guess I could scrub off the future and try to fade it out.

I hate spraying Red...cleaned out the airbrush last night and still saw a bit of red coming out of it.

Thanks Saul, the only thing I did was add those support things around the rear stowage and the gas cans. Still think that frame work is too wide but oh well.

thanks everyone! :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

I tried Chris, the Future sealed it down nicely and I can't get to it. Guess I could scrub off the future and try to fade it out.

I hate spraying Red...cleaned out the airbrush last night and still saw a bit of red coming out of it.

Thanks Saul, the only thing I did was add those support things around the rear stowage and the gas cans. Still think that frame work is too wide but oh well.

thanks everyone! :soldier

(y)

Thanks Mike, here's some more.

Did some chipping with the base coat, scratches with that pencil thing I got, pin wash with dark wash then came back over some of it with Buff. (picked that up somewhere, not sure). Then overspray with really thin Buff, heavier towards the bottom.

honey31.jpg

honey32.jpg

honey33.jpg

honey34.jpg

honey35.jpg

And I couldn't resist.
mixed up the Vallejo Sand Past with some buff color, added rocks and squated the Honey in place. Hope this past is strong enough to hold the Honey in place.
honey36.jpg

honey37.jpg

Hope you likey! :mpup

BURF ??? :S Well, don't destroy it trying .

Do you have any pastel chalks ? You can always clean those off if you don't like the result.

It does look awful good though :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys, I sure hope that sandy paste is enough to make that thing stick to the base.

I'm going to flat coat it and then hit some oil and grease effects, then call it done. :mpup

I likey ! Really nice from an airplane guy. Flat coat toned down that red/white insignia quite a bit .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back