• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stuart Honey

I'm calling her done!!

Flat coat, some grease and oil. Whip antenna installed, don't like the gun metal I painted it, will find a lighter metal and mulligan that.

honey38.jpg

honey39.jpg

honey40.jpg

honey41.jpg

notice the oil out of the rear end?

honey42.jpg

honey43.jpg

A real beauty, Pup- cheers! This little gem has a lot of depth- you've been working out, haven't you? ;) I'll, um, ignore the tiny pastie of a base for now.... :D

Thanks Guys, that base the the ice breaker for me, i've never really done one before and now kinda itching to try other stuff.

Bob, Can I be brutally honest ?

I love the Honey I think its excellent (y) (y) (y) (y)

I dont like the base,.. I think way too small,..and it makes my eye detract away from the tank

I love the ground work however Ive been told recently at shows to extent the groundwork right up to the edges of the base, whether thats right or not, I do think it looks quite nice and professional looking

bigger base bigger base :eek:hyeah

As i say the honey is excellent

Thanks Andy, Always love your feedback, I did that base just as a ice breaker for me. I've never actually made one. I'll will do next time. (y)

BTW, It did not make it pass the Cindy test, She said it looked like it's stuck in chunky baby poo... :S :S :rotf :rotf :rotf

Thanks Andy, Always love your feedback, I did that base just as a ice breaker for me. I've never actually made one. I'll will do next time. (y)

BTW, It did not make it pass the Cindy test, She said it looked like it's stuck in chunky baby poo... :S :S :rotf :rotf :rotf

:laugh: A new modeling term "cbp" as in "You need more cbp!" :laugh:

:rotf

Pretty darn good.... so far. It's not done though. I think you have it in you to take it up a notch. :fencing This thing operated in a dust bowl, but you have lots of areas where dust would accumulate that are dust free. Every bolt, rivet and angle where two plates meet is going to acquire dust. In many of those areas you have dark brown from a pin wash - this is good as a shadow, but over this add the dust, just make sure some of the brown is still visible. Also I would go over the lower portions of the tank with a VERY FRIGGIN THIN COAT of Tamiya Buff. Angle the Airbrush up from below so you get a natural feathering. This will hide some of your oil stains - this is good, because then add new stains on top. Think like Shrek, this is a complex thing - it has many layers! You could also add some dust colored streaks - very faint mind you, from all those rivets along the sides. Be gentle you don't want the thing to look like it had an accident in a flour factory.

Thank you John, I tried the build up in the corners like you talked about but it looked very stark, I was using an acrylic Buff, maybe it was not thinned enough. I'll give it a whirl!

Thanks! :mpup

So it's not SO done afterall. After gettting this advice from Dr. John I had to come back and and some more.

Pretty darn good.... so far. It's not done though. I think you have it in you to take it up a notch. :fencing This thing operated in a dust bowl, but you have lots of areas where dust would accumulate that are dust free. Every bolt, rivet and angle where two plates meet is going to acquire dust. In many of those areas you have dark brown from a pin wash - this is good as a shadow, but over this add the dust, just make sure some of the brown is still visible. Also I would go over the lower portions of the tank with a VERY FRIGGIN THIN COAT of Tamiya Buff. Angle the Airbrush up from below so you get a natural feathering. This will hide some of your oil stains - this is good, because then add new stains on top. Think like Shrek, this is a complex thing - it has many layers! You could also add some dust colored streaks - very faint mind you, from all those rivets along the sides. Be gentle you don't want the thing to look like it had an accident in a flour factory.

I really appreciate this feedback John.

I started with some yellow ocher oil mixed with the rectified turp Dad had me get a while back. I tested the terp and it did not attack the acrylic flat coat I left the Honey with.

I didn't really like the results from the oil so I got out Vallejo Yellow Ocher pigments, added to the oils or straight on the brush with the turp on it. I could see how it flowed in the corners much easier that the acrylic stuff I was playing with earlier.

Not sure about the color though,

honey45.jpg

honey46.jpg

honey47.jpg

honey48.jpg

honey49.jpg

I added more color to the gas filler caps and gas cans on the side, as well as the weld seam up on the turret. Don't think I got a good picture of that. Also touched up some color in the sand and on the tracks to match better with what I built up on the hull.

Well, better, worse, no different?

Hit the sand under the front with the same stuff you used on the rest of the sand, it looks lighter. (y)

Better. I agree the color looks yellow, maybe just the photo? You can tone this way down by, and clean up some overdone area by using the straight turps with a brush. Get an area wet, then wipe the brush and then use it to whisk away the excess.

Back