• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Stuart Honey

It's not the photo, it's the color. Yeah I can see some spots that are over done, think the overspary of buff can tone it down some. I really get the feel of the layer on layers to get the depth of the weathering.

Thanks guys!!!

I took some notes also Chris, ok this is it for sure!

Last pictures.

I gave my best shot at following your suggestions John, hope I pass. I know my "streaking" is not really there, think the brush was too loaded with thinner.

honey50.jpg

honey51.jpg

honey52.jpg

honey53.jpg

honey54.jpg

honey55.jpg

But I'm calling this done sure nuff this time. Thanks!

The dust is a bit yellow for my taste, but I'd be happy with the rest as is. A buff color would be closer to sand dust as my mind sees it. The base is a bit small, but as a first attempt, quite passable. I give it an 8. (y) :drinks

Irregardless of anything said Bob, I like it ! It looks like a well used tank. Sand comes in many colors.
I recall a large Pink dunes North of Vegas.

That parking lot makes that subcompact look larger than life ( :rotf ) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

The dust is a bit yellow for my taste, but I'd be happy with the rest as is. A buff color would be closer to sand dust as my mind sees it. The base is a bit small, but as a first attempt, quite passable. I give it an 8. (y) :drinks

WOW! That high! :coolio

It is too yellow but this is more of making use of what you got. I'll have some Buff oils before the next sandy finish. :yipee

Thanks Chris :pilot

I've run into the same problem with my well, Moon- I tried some pigments and fixing fluid for the first time and the yellowish dust was way too bright. The beauty is that you always add another layer of color. That's really looking good!

Looks good. Maybe clean up that area on the rear of the turret, then go over the yellow with some desert sand pigments. Your call Chief!

It looks very good, ...Bob.
The dust matches the ground color, so it all seems appropriate.
I agree with what others have said about the size of the base (too small), but it is a personal choice of course, and I know what you were going for, so well done! (two thumbs up ).

Keep up the good work,

Bill

Thank you Bill, got a couple more things I'd like to touch up per John's suggestions. This one really got me into using pigments to accomplish the effects. Funny how I found myself using the Letterman techniques also.

Back