• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 and 15cm FH 18

Evidently I cant read anymore :java Okay so you used Vallejo grey. Did you mix it with anything for post shading? I see shadowing and am just curious. Regarding the positioning of parts, are there any major gotchas that would cause misalignment or major problems? Still think it looks good.
James

Evidently I cant read anymore :java Okay so you used Vallejo grey. Did you mix it with anything for post shading? I see shadowing and am just curious. Regarding the positioning of parts, are there any major gotchas that would cause misalignment or major problems? Still think it looks good.

i primed the kits, gave both a black basecoat and applied pure vallejo german grey - no tint of blue, no tint of black, no tint of white ... plain grey ... next step will be adding tamiya german grey + blue + black and one kit will receive plain tamiya german grey ...

major gotchas - hmmmmmmmm ... when you glue the crew compartment to the chassis you should be very careful, same with the hood and of course those dreaded "baskets" on the rear - better throw them in the dump and solder some new ones! (i do mean that serious!)

Really making some good progress on this one. I like the grey. Nice to see something different than the panzeryellow once in a while. Any chance that you would go even earlier war and use the Reichwehr 3 tone?
J

Okay, so vallejo grey then Tamiya. Will be interesting to see this. I've only ever painted Tamiya grey then weathered. Time to expand my horizons some. Maybe follow along on my Panzer II. Actually thats a good idea, as I can try your paint method and Tony's pinned track. Cool.
James

Beauty work Laura , .......... thr foil covers turned out great .

Guys , also note , it's in transport mode so the gun sight is in its case in the prime mover where it should be .

thanks dudes! thanks a lot! much appreciated! :mpup

ok - as indicated i applied two coats of tamiya german grey to the halftrack, one darkened and with a speck of blue and one straight from the bottle with a speck of blue - just to bring in some tonal variation between gun and travel!

the thought behind it is that the halftrack was painted at krauss-maffei facilities while the howitzer was painted at krupp facilities, thus two different batches of colors and different thinning ratios were used ...

Kirlian Camera - Eclipse

the ht photographed with flash to visualize the tones of grey:

halftrackwithflash2.jpg

halftrackwithflash1.jpg

both kits close together to show the tonal differences:

tonaldifference.jpg

the kits in towing configuration - huge:

combo1.jpg

:soldier

so far so good. I usually hold back my comments since things which you may not have dealt with yet, like those shiny tires, pull my attention away.

Regards,

Yup...I am with MP...you did a stellar job in recreating the variations. I am especially loving how well it looks on the halftrack Laura! It's really neat when one can take that type of knowledge and use it to take their modeling to the next step up...

LAURA,

WoW !! :woohoo: :ro:

Lookin Great !!I love all of th different tones. This is really gonna PoP when it comes time to weather !! Everything is lookin Steller !!

:v :popcorn :drinks

Back