• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 and 15cm FH 18

Looking pretty spiffy. Decals can be a pain. Do stencils on a airplane. :gogo

B)

Hey Laura, I know I mentioned before how weird it was to see the license on the sides. In your research did you see anything as to why they have them there as well as the front and back?
Btw the tac markings look very good.

James

little bench time lately but there's progress to show!

disclaimer a) i suck at pigments!
disclaimer b) i'm not too enthusiastic about using pigments due to disclaimer a!
disclaimer c) the pigments applied are just used as basecoat for dusting with airbrush so this surely isn't the final look!
disclaimer d) i had to cover the windscreen with tarp since i had forgotten to seal the clear plastic with future before gluing and the glue fogged the windshield tremendously!
disclaimer e) i'm pretty sure that the color of the seats is wrong but it stays like it is, i just wanted to try out dad's wood painting method on leather!

Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

weathering3.jpg

weathering1.jpg

weathering2.jpg

:soldier

WOW! It's looking fine Laura.

Disclaimer D, good idea, I like it, too bad we can't do that with aircraft...

So you say the pigments are a base coat, what will you be spraying on them.

The stowage rocks! you going to have some tiedowns on it?

The leather looks real!

I really don't know what you are worried about,this looks very cool to me! I wish that I knew all of these new weathering techniques.
J

Laura, aseats look good to me. I'm assuming oil was used so when the linseed drys it will be a great looking seat. Plus when you crew it up the seat will look even better with the shadows from the troops bodies. The tarp on the windscreen needs some more work, but your probably not finished it. As for the pigments, well wish I could help, but you've seen my pitiful attempts. I think its coming along splendidly.
(y) (y) (y) (y)
James

i'm not worried at all! like mentioned i use the pigments as base for some dusting with airbrush!

others know how to weather with pigments, i know better with airbrush, so my idea was to enhance the dusting with a base of pigments!

the slight overspray will be with tamiya xf-59 bob! you remember my 88mm flak18 and sdkfz7? both kits were weathered entirely with airbrush and tamiya xf59 (minus washing) ... this time i just want to enhance the effect!

the stowage has some wire wrapped around so no further tiedowns will be added and the windshield cover will receive another coat of olive drab!

oh - before i forget: james, the halftrack will be crammed with crew! i will add the complete set of the ht riders!

LAURA,

WoW !! Somehow I lost this thread ... :blush: Rock-On !! I agree with th others ! This HT is Smokin !! I love those Seats !! The Canvas on th Windshield !! Those Tarps on th Rear are a Great Touch !!

I can't wait to see this with th Crew !!!

IF you don't mind Me askin' ..... what color Pigment did you use on th "fenders" ?

Did you ever use Chalk Pastels way back in th Day ? Ground up on a piece of Sandpaper or shave it with th #11 blade & apply with a stiff brush ... Dusting it .... :D

Great Job !!!! I'm lookin' forward to seein more !!

:drinks

erik - the "pigments" actually are a mixture of ready to use pigments and grounded pastel chalk (i used a sieve to ground the chalk) :)

it's strange, most modellers find it easier using pigments, i get better results with the airbrush. this time i tried the combination of both the very first time and i say, i'm satisfied! (doesn't happen all too often!)

colors used: tamiya xf-59 and vallejo leather brown ...

Deathstars - Tongues

sfh18weathering1.jpg

sfh18weathering2.jpg

weathering4.jpg

weathering5.jpg

the last two days saw intensive figure construction! i'm not too happy with the dml set, the figures are generic with interchangeable parts, casting quality far from what i am used with dml, parts misnumbered and one can very easily mix up parts if those figures aren't built in one quick session and last but not least, most poses repeat themselves so i had to take extra care to bring in some individuality!

whatever ... my usual rant!

some of the figures are filled and sanded already, some not ... those photos are mainly for me to remind me of the correct positions!

Ultravox - Hymn

crew1.jpg

crew2.jpg

This looks cool. Even unpainted it completes the build. Are all the poses original Laura or did you have to modify some?
James

Back