• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 and 15cm FH 18

that looks great! Not sure what to tell ya about the clamp on the loop. I used much smaller cable, likely too thin for scale. Perhaps some thin tape?

starting to look like a halftrack!

anybody building this kit has to pay attention with the running gear, thanks to instruction bloopers - dml mixed up the parts for the drive sprocket (bad, bad mistake!) and mixed up the numbers for the inner roadwheels with those of the outer wheels (not so crucial and more obvious!) ... if one glues together the parts for the drive sprockets like the instructions tell, they won't line up and the tracks won't sit flush like they should do!

Billy Briggs - Chew Tobacco Rag N°2

halftrack6.jpg

halftrack7.jpg

here's the revisited cable, not perfect but much better - thin copper wire courtesy of a disemboweled alarm clock:

halftrack8.jpg

g060.gif

Very nice going...
I'v been trying to get something going like this for the past 3 months, but in 1/9th scale.
seems like an eternity...a scratch builders job is never done.

Alexander Wenceslaus De Leon

Thanks for the heads up :aura. I'll have to check and see if I already blew it on mine or not.
James

starting to look like a halftrack!

anybody building this kit has to pay attention with the running gear, thanks to instruction bloopers - dml mixed up the parts for the drive sprocket (bad, bad mistake!) and mixed up the numbers for the inner roadwheels with those of the outer wheels (not so crucial and more obvious!) ... if one glues together the parts for the drive sprockets like the instructions tell, they won't line up and the tracks won't sit flush like they should do!

Er...does that mean my halftrack is screwed up? :blink

well, i secretly finished building the halftrack and wasn't very happy about the engineering of the crew compartment. perfect molding but strangely and unaccustomed to dml kits too many spots without precise location spots - one has to be very careful not to misalign parts and better dryfit twice before gluing in place. although i did so i stumbled over several misaligned parts and faced nasty gaps i had to fill ...

whatever ...

the sfh18: using tin foil i added the barrel covers and after having added the first layer of grey i attached the wheels on the howitzer to keep the vinyl tires as black as possible ...

the grey is vallejo and one of the kits will receive a coat of the lighter tamiya german grey to bring in some tonal variation ...

still a long road to go!

Hector Berlioz - La damnation de Faust (ride to the abyss and hell! the hell part, i am aiming at starts at 4:40)

painting1~0.jpg

painting2~0.jpg

sfh18painting1.jpg

sfh18painting2.jpg

:soldier

Back