• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 and 15cm FH 18

not much progress but progress - i painted all the wheels with flat black, did the range poles and dust covers of the howitzer and rusted the muffler ...

Kontrast - Einheitsschritt

rustedmuffler1.jpg

rustedmuffler2.jpg

:soldier

I think they need to stop at the next muffler shop and buy a new exhaust-system!
Nice work Laura! can't wait to see it wheathered :)
//Mats

I don't know what's more impressive, the rust work or the fact you did it after installing and didn't get rust all over the frame! Outstanding effect

ok ... update on the howitzer - both, trumpeter and dml have the painting guide wrong and tell you to paint two crow bars red/white ... while that painting is for range poles one should paint the two bars below the crow bars! trumpeter omitted two range poles on the inside of the swing arms but that's acceptable! the error in the painting guide not!

then - i did the firing tabella (left side of the howitzer), painted the covers added the firing spades (or whatever those two thingies on the arms are called) and added the securing chains to the bottom of the arms and trailer! mind numbing work, the hooks had to be trimmed down and one chain link had to be cut open to be inserted in the corresponding trailer location spots ... lots of cursing while i did this!

Rammstein - Amerika

top.jpg

undercarriage.jpg

LHS2.jpg

RHS2.jpg

still so many touch ups and other things to do

A wonderful looking beast there laura
I really like the dark grey colour, it really ties in with period colour photographs

Top Job !

I agree with Andy and MP!
Very fine work Laura, i love the covers they look great :)
//Mats

LAURA,

Great Work !! I love that Muffler ! Superb work on th Howitzer !! Great Eye for Trumpy's mistakes !!

Yeah !! I can't wait to see some more !!

:drinks

What are you using for research?

internet and my photo collection - the range pole/crow bar issue is very easy to detect on the kit sprues already when one pays attention and notices that that what both companies want to be painted red/white is flat on one side and doesn't have a rounded tip, next step is to check other's builds and lots, lots, lots of photos ...

i spent the whole week with decalling - it's the first time ever that i had to do the generic number plates and they are a mind numbing royal pain in the ass ... but worth the work!

i started on monday with the plates themselves and applied them with mr mark softer and mr mark setter to ensure an even and flat, rock solit surface, followed by the "WH" and the dash on tuesday, continuing with the numbers in reversed order, starting with the last number and working my way to the first number to be sure that i won't face space trouble in the end and leaving each number to dry before i went on with the next!

i normally don't do specific vehicles and am extremely reluctant to make dioramas but while doing my research i found a pic i simply have to depict in 1/35 ... evidence will follow as soon as i am done with the kits themselves!

now for decal option number 1 from the DML instructions! that "unidentified" unit, option 1 tells you is "Panzergruppe 3", deployed with army group center at the beginning of Barbarossa! next time DML should spend the twenty minutes research to gather that info! if they had done that they would have offered the divisional decals too! one of the divisions of Panzergruppe 3 was the 14th infantry division. i tried to do the divisional emblem with the help of stencilit ... no good job but acceptable!

so my howitzer and the halftrack are part of "Artillerie Regiment 14, 14. infanterie Division, Panzergruppe 3, Heeresgruppe Mitte" ... and - like stated - it took me twenty minutes to research this!

before i forget it: since i don't have stencils for tactical signs, my ht lacks this sign! i will have to get me a set of tactical stencils for future purpose!

FGFC820 - Comatose

decals2.jpg

decals1.jpg

decals3.jpg

Back