• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 and 15cm FH 18

I am really liking the way you mixed it all up and made the figs look all different. I am actually a fan of the newer DML figs. I think that their sculpting has improved dramaticaly in the recent past. These guys really bring your set up to life. Maybe a slight tweek would be to give the vehicle commander a head with the old style NCO hat? You gotta have an MFIC. This is a wonderful combo of vehicles/equipment and is very well done.
J

barf!

the massive figure painting chore is done, outer roadwheels fixed and tracks mounted!

it's fun to paint one, two or three figures but 13 and that under time pressure (believing HGWT will finish at the end of august instead of end of september! doublebarf!) is nothing but a pain in the youknowwhere - the figures are way below my standards but acceptable considering that i had so little time (ha!ha!ha!ha!) and to paint so many simultaneously!

hard if not impossible to notice in the pics is that each figure's uniform has a different tone of green!

weapons, storage and some touchups including a complete makeover of the tracks to come, then i'm done with this!

Homo Futura - Links, Rechts

hgwtcrewdone2.jpg

hgwtcrewdone3.jpg

hgwtcrewdone1.jpg

:soldier

Outstanding! I can see in the pictures the different tones. Well done, will this have any sort of a base?

It's subtle, but I can see the variations there Laura! This was no small task but I'd say you nailed it...love the different poses as well!

I'd be thrilled to death if my figures came out half that good :notworthy Having the vehicle populated makes it seem that much more real, great job ! (y)

I can see the different tones on the figgies very well. Maybe it's the camera but is there a little too much shine on the uniforms? I love this subject and it is really impressive to see the whole thing hooked up and with a full crew. Great job!
It looks like I will be missing this deadline. Had to take time off to make P-51 stuff. One must strike while the iron is hot!
J

Maybe it's the camera but is there a little too much shine on the uniforms?

it wasn't the camera jerry, the figures weren't flatcoated then - now they are, weapons added, tracks got their makeover and this build can be called done! time to claim my ribbon!

when i'm done with adding stowage to the krupp protze and with painting the flak, all three builds will be combined in a diorama!

Covenant - Dead Stars

combodoneleft.jpg

htdoneleft.jpg

howitzerdoneleft.jpg

comborightdone.jpg

htdoneright.jpg

howitzerdoneright.jpg

Back