• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV CLUB M5A1 Stuart plus bits

As usual i have turned up half way through the show but great to read through and catch up :)

one small point, you were asking about your pictures ?
Quite a few have the subject almost full width but with a load of irrelevant spare scenery above and below the Subject ? This is mainly because you are taking your pictures in Portrait not landscape, this also means you have to scroll down the page to see all the picture. Maybe try a few in landscape.

So this is the same picture, its not cropped or anything, same distance, just portrait v landscape.

_DSC9668.JPG
_DSC9671.JPG

I always marvel at how much assembly gets done before painting begins on an armor model kit. :good:

100% agree , i still cant get my head around this build now paint later approach, i was looking at Bobs shell racks with the shells at this stage interior white/cream ....

Cheers Paddy ill try and do that nest time round
on with the paint
vallejo primer nicely thinned but looks way too green
just waiting for my AK real colours OD
20240818_123947.jpg
20240818_123957.jpg
20240818_124006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided upon making this a 34th Tank Batt, 5th Armored div which was stated on the artwork sheet yet the knobbyheads at AFV Club made the decals as the 2 AD ?!? so out with the verlinden dry decals :bigrin::vgood:

and then disaster strikes !!!
the kit star decals were horrendous had to lift them off,...leaving it all to dry now before I attempt cutting up some circular stars from Verlindenings

who said modelling was relaxing ?

Last edited:
and out with the vallejos, firstly to mess up the surfaces intenionally of course
Youll notice that the side stars disappeared as my very old verlinden transfers split on me grrrr anyway to continue
Fist attempt at the stowage, dont worry itll be tidied up.
20240821_094026.jpg
20240821_094040.jpg
20240821_094141.jpg
20240821_094224.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back