• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sd.Kfz. 7 and 15cm FH 18

strange kit! strange engineering! progress doesn't look like much but the equilibrator pistons (or what those two thingies are called) gave me some headache to mount.

on the one hand trumpeter instructions suggest the howitzer to be built in towed position and don't give any alternative but on the other hand the recoil system rod is only a short length of about 5mm, so the barrel should be mounted in firing position - unacceptable! anybody remember mr paperclip from ms office? i found better usage for him! the recoil cylinder looks askew in the pics but it's aligned correctly in RL (if not - i will return and check again - it will be corrected!)

Agonoize - Koprolalie

gun3~0.jpg

gun4~0.jpg

g060.gif

i removed mr paperclip! gnarfp! i was informed that the recoil rod was removed for travel!

should have researched prior to building!

looking great! hope mr paperclip is ok after the transformation to recoil rod and back to hi's old self again! :)

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. You could not compress the oil in the recuperator that much and keep it thee. Even compressing it would be difficult. Looks like it disconnected at the breech.

James

Back