• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

This is the 2U version of the D8, but the layout is pretty similar and the names of the parts will be the same. The 1H D8 was the version used in WW II and the main difference was in the transmission and clutch. The D-7 would be more similar to the setup shown here.

d8catxc.jpg

d8undercarriage.jpg

Nice one John, you know this kit does come with the Flywheel but it covers up completely. Guess you could build it with the cover off and in maintenance or something.

If you look back on my notes the tracks extended too far forward and contacted the assembly on the blade, can't figure out where I went wrong and was looking at Terry's build to see if I could make out what I screwed up. I do see he has a different blade assembly. I'm going to get my stuff together and built up and see where I'm at on this. More later.
Thanks!

If your front idlers are where they are on the track frame pictured above, and the diagonal brace bearing (1) is concentric with the center of the sprocket at the back of the track assembly, then either the dozer frame is too short or the trunnions that the dozer frame attaches to are located too far back on the track frame. Line up the cable sheave that is on the dozer blade with the the sheave on the frame up above the radiator with the blade in the up postion and so the sheave and blade still clear the radiator, that will tell you where the trunnions need to be to match the dozer frame. As you can see on the track frame pictured, there are a number of places the trunnion can be bolted on.

The clutch runs in oil, so unless the clutch is being worked on you would not see the flywheel on the D-7.

Last edited:
If your front idlers are where they are on the track frame pictured above, and the diagonal brace bearing (1) is concentric with the center of the sprocket at the back of the track assembly, then either the dozer frame is too short or the trunnions that the dozer frame attaches to are located too far back on the track frame. Line up the cable sheave that is on the dozer blade with the the sheave on the frame up above the radiator with the blade in the up postion and so the sheave and blade still clear the radiator, that will tell you where the trunnions need to be to match the dozer frame. As you can see on the track frame pictured, there are a number of places the trunnion can be bolted on.

The clutch runs in oil, so unless the clutch is being worked on you would not see the flywheel on the D-7.
John that's exactly where I screwed up before, doubting the build instead of making adjustments. I should have mounted the blade further forward just like in the real world. They had that option.

Makin' tracks!
Both same length so they should fit the same...right, Right?
1660356087686.png

Found all my tamya colors so I gotta get them unpacked and organized..ok on the shelf. :soldier

Thanks James, you've been there since version 1 took shape.
OK it's been 7 years since I started this but really only 6 because the shop was down for a year. No Excuses! :soldier

Unrelated to the Dozer but I thought I'd share here.
I unpacked the tub that had some completed build in it and had minimal damage, antenna bent, that sort of stuff. The Jugs had landing gear issues but the one that was kinda bent was white metal, don't recall if it was SAC or Gforce, anyway bent back and all is well now.

The De Havilands too the worse damage.

1660749817456.png

Grosvenor House didn't take much damage other than server wing warp.
1660749908528.png

Black Magic fared far worse. Rudder broke, elevator warped, wing warp, props warp. Only thing I can think is it got too hot in that tub, I should have pulled these out and put them in side with a couple of the others I had in save keeping.

Oh well, guess I'll have to build them again!? :dance:

Back