• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

May have been Louis, kinda reminds me of Colin Powell too.

Did you figure the tracks out?

If you can find a picture where i left off, you'll see this probably not as far as long as it was. I had some alignment issues with the running gear so I had to tear it down and rebuild. Used some of the original assembly but had to rebuild that big leaf spring in the center. It's now live, as well as the point of contact on the running gear, that'll give me some wiggle room.

Going to start on the tracks (after I repair some of the damage from being boxed up for a year or mor... :bang head )

h2368a90.jpg

hbe9a7c2.jpg

those are not the Friul tracks, kit tracks. I may try to rebuild the LeTourneau winch on the back and make actual pulleys.
BTw, stumbled on a little correction.

The large sargent in the above picture is not Joe Louis, he is MSGT Knowles Freeman from Pensacola, FL, 829th Engineer Construction Company. :salute

Also here's a link to a much larger resolution copy of the above photo

https://history.army.mil/photos/WWII/Preps/SC180813.jpg

Ya know, I've slept a few times since the last post on this subject. So, no. :huh:

On the other hand , Mike is quite good at these things. :skipper

Cheers, Christian B)

What was wrong with the transverse spring?

Thanks for giving it a name. :rotf

First, it was glued in off center then where it attached to the drive assembly it was glue in place too short. Made the alignment of the tracks almost like a V. All that's fixed as the spring is live. Previously when I had the blade in place it wouldn't clear the tracks when it moved up and down, looks like there's better clearance now. :soldier

I'm going to have to pull my tractor out I think. For some reason my last order had drivers for it so maybe seeing this thread again brought that on. Now if only I can remember why I came into the office???? lol

Seeing you working on the tractor portion less the dozer blade the other day reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu4aynBK7E

I've started with the tracks and found the guide around the idler is too wide for the opening of the track links. Was on the kit parts but I didn't notice then. I'm thinning that guide now. These Friul tracks look great, pictures later. :soldier

Not certain, but, when I built my resin one, I seem to remember I had the same problem with the tracks. I'd like to give you a suggestion, but, I honestly can't remember what I did to fix the problem? That was seven years ago!

The center raised part of the front idler is too wide? Where's your lathe?

:blink

You been talkikng to Chris? :rotf

I would love to chuck it up in the lathe but i've already attached the yoke and removing all that assembly is like... :idonno

Stirring up the pot on this.
I pulled the drive assembly off in order to figure out where I went wrong on this the first time.
1659916015491.png

Figured out why i was having such a hard time with fumes in there. one of the old cans of paint thinner had ruptured at some point and was leaking under the work bench. Should be better now!!

Back