• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

Military Bulldozer X2

That is shaping up nicely Son,

I have only built the resin kit from 135th Construction Battalion. Back then there were no plastic kits of this!

Lookin' Good!

Military Bulldozer X2

Got it, thanks, any help is surely appreciated!

Here's the shots I mentioned in the email.

Dad left Korea on a family hardship when his Father died in '52. My Dad was the eldest son and only adult son at the time.

OPPS! I told you in the email the seat was black. Looks like the seat was yellow, guess they did it to match the yellow paint.

3-19-2006-50.jpg

also notice the lack of rust on the tracks. Grinding in sand all day does a pretty good cleaning job on them. Fort Jackson is located below the Fall Line in SC so the soil is mostly sandy. Also notice how the blade and stuff looks sandblasted. Also notice the Cat Yellow in the track links, I bet this was pretty much a brand new machine there, the paint hadn't gotten worn off yet. Might build this one some time down the road. BTW, thats' not my Dad driving, it was a buddy of his, we don't know his name.

3-16-2006-15.jpg

Both places look very sandy type soil, can't see a lot of rust on them other than the exhaust manifold and muffler. Also check out the amount of sand built up on the dust guards on the running gear as compared to the one at Fort Jackson. Also different style mufflers.

Military Bulldozer X2

To Ed :drinks

It's been since Sept since I updated this. Wow, really got to get the heat fixed in the garage before it turns cold again.

So here's what happened. Got the tracks on then test fitted the dozer blade. The hardware for the blade did not clear the track run. if I lifted it up or down it hit the tracks. I know I could have left it down and not worry about it, no one would really notice but no...I couldn't leave it like that. Besides the tracks did look bad to my eye so...3rd time is the charm.
h9f4a9a2.jpg

Just building the track gear again. Being mindful of the travel of the idler and the tracks. I'm going to be sure I have the tracks tight and clearance on the blade. I'll get this SOB YET! :soldier

I gotta finish this one, this was for my Dad and he taught me "You don't leave the mule in the ditch at the end of the day." :facepalm (he never drove a mule but I got his point)

Military Bulldozer X2

It's been resurrected :frantic

Go Bob , and please keep that mule out of the ditch :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Military Bulldozer X2

31 Pages and I only see it now... I sure missed a lot! I only have five (MiniArt) dozers...

Regards,

Military Bulldozer X2

You still got me by 2 Saul. But now I have 2 extra very nice BIG motors to work with, wonder where they could go?

Military Bulldozer X2

After nearly 3 years waiting, they did it. Friuls made tracks for this kit.

(y)

h694bdd0.jpg

First glance was intimidating. But thinking on it made sense. You build up the links first then you ad the tread plates. I really don't understand the verbage in the instructions but I think I understand how to build it up.

So resurrecting and old shelf queen. I'll get to it soon. :soldier

Close to finishing the 109 and my attention is starting to look this direction.

Pulled out the Allied-Axis #11 that has the US dozers in it.

Found a nice shot of the gauges that I've been wondering about and I noticed the very large man at the controls.

h04ff6e3.JPG

Is this not the "Brown Bomber" Joe Louis? I know he volunteered in Jan 42 and was assigned to Special Services, wonder if this was maybe a propaganda shot. Can't seem to find this on the web searching google, but that sure looks like him.

Back