• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Dec. 19th, 2017

Never seen that one before, but a fantastic looking vehicle. Great stuff :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Laurence

I found it doing a quick web search. It is on someone's flickr account and can be found here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9956525@N05/page7

This guy has a lot of war photos mainly from WWI on his account.

Thanks Dave,

Great site!! I appreciate that!

Bob

I've seen that before also. Thinking one of the ref books has it.

I've been really busy, the holidays, a trip back to St. Louis for a couple of weeks, a new puppy, etc. But, I have been working on all staff, non-combat vehicles. A few of these I have posted earlier in a not completed state. All these 15 vehicles are completely finished.

Of the 55 vehicles in this diorama, 31 are now completely finished, all are built and base coated, 23 are somewhere in between base coated and nearly finished waiting for details and/or figures. I;m not very good at projecting finish dates, but all the 55 vehicles including the BR-52 Locomotive and K-5 railway gun should be finished by early summer. The time consuming part is finishing the figures that will be in or on all those vehicles.

Since Patton is the central focal point in the diorama, I'll begin with his vehicles first. I had wanted to include his 1939 Cadillac sixty special, but I didn't want to spend the time scratch building all those compound curves on an automobile. Here are two photographs of it after the accident that would eventually lead to his death. The car has been refurbished and on display at the Patton museum in Fort Knox. When they restored it, they painted it gloss olive drab, but during the war it was standard flat O,D.

cadillac_wreck1.jpeg

cadillac_wreck2.jpeg

About 2 months ago I happened to see a die cast Cadillac that would work. I bought it, disassembled it completely. and painted it, rebuilt it adding insignia and accessories. First, the die cast/

cadillacblue.jpg

Then the Cadillac Staff car.

00000~5.JPG

000000~1.JPG

0000~7.JPG

In case you noticed, I didn't have the door quite shut when I took this.

g~7.JPG

Next up, the 1941 Plymouth staff car. these will be parked on a plaza behind Patton who will be busy directing traffic.

00~11.JPG

000~9.JPG

0~8.JPG

Then, I needed British staff vehicles as several high ranking Brits will be in the scene. I have had this Humber kit for probably close to 40 years. I made it into a lieutenant-general's staff car.

humber3.JPG

hunber1.JPG

hunber2.JPG

Then there is a US made, Lend lease Bantam Jeep with british markings bearing the rank insignia of a Brigadier.

bantam1.JPG

bantam2.JPG

bantam3.JPG

Then there are five American Jeeps. Staff cars, Military Police jeeps, a convoy commanders jeep and an Ambulance jeep.

g0000~2.JPG

g0~3.JPG

g00~3.JPG

g000~3.JPG

A one star general's staff car.

0g0.JPG

0g0g0.JPG

0g0g~0.JPG

One of the Military Police Jeeps.

0gggg~0.JPG

0ggggg~0.JPG

Another one.

0gg~3.JPG

0gg~3.JPG

A convoy commander's jeep.

0g0g0g.JPG

g0g~1.JPG

g0g0~2.JPG

Then Patton's 3.4 ton staff car.

gggggg~1.JPG

ggggg~4.JPG

gggg~4.JPG

gg~7.JPG

0g~3.JPG

The four Harley Davidsons.

00g0.JPG

00g0g.JPG

A non-MP jeeps.

00g~1.JPG

g000g.JPG

g0000g.JPG

g00000g.JPG

00g00g.JPG

The 3/4 ton ambulance.

g0g0g.JPG

g0g0g0.JPG

Then, all 15 vehicles together.

all3.JPG

all2.JPG

all.JPG

That's it till next time. I'm gonna work on some more figures next.

Thanks for looking!

Bob

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated January 30, 2018

Fantastic job, Bob...love all these vehicles, in particular the ambulance :good:

:drinks

Luiz

This is simply modeling at its' best. Quality and quantity without compromise. Awesome stuff Bob :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Laurence

Amazing as usual Bob! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
And again I was taken in a Time Travel in your website. The pics from the museum and history of VLS are great read, thank you.
I had spoke about you to a friend who is begining in this world of scale model, but was me who take a trip.

Cheers :drinks

Fantastic job, Bob...love all these vehicles, in particular the ambulance :good:

:drinks

Luiz

Thanks Luiz!

I like the ambulance as well! So many of them are seen in WW II footage and photos. I can't believe they have never been produced since the old Peerless-Max kits from the 1970s. I used that but added a lot of parts from the new 3/4 ton trucks from Skybow, now apparently owned by AFV models.

Bob

Looks like the ultimate play set!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank you Son!

Did you have one of those when you were a kid too?

Dad

Amazing as usual Bob! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
And again I was taken in a Time Travel in your website. The pics from the museum and history of VLS are great read, thank you.
I had spoke about you to a friend who is begining in this world of scale model, but was me who take a trip.

Cheers :drinks

Thank you Sir!

I am looking into the possibility of publishing a very thick, perfect bound book about an Inch (25mm) thick, on the material in that post, plus much more I didn't use. A printer used it to print a limited run of less than a dozen copies for himself and friends. (It is on my website as well). He sent me and my daughter Gail a copy. It was printed on thick, high gloss heavy paper in full color and I was impressed. Very likely, I have nearly twice the photos and material I included in that thread. I was surprised at how much the cost of printing has increased since I retired in 2006. WOW!!!!

I have several ideas about formatting it, including current builds of the models and figures of Logistics and include the finished photos of the diorama. (Of course, I have to finish it, don't I? :yipee

Bob

Back