• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Update February 21, 2018

Simply put WOW :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) :D

This also includes the other 2 logistics threads :good:

Michael

Simply put WOW :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) :D

This also includes the other 2 logistics threads :good:

Michael

Thanks Mike!

Altogether, there are five threads to this diorama, The Armor, this one, Figures, Rolling Stock, and the main one, which is awaiting the completion of the other four to start back on it, The Base and Buildings. If my plans work out, that will be the thread that will complete this diorama.

Bob

That certainly is a great looking bunch of vehicles Bob!

No wonder these take so long to complete! I should try and tackle a small one someday!

That certainly is a great looking bunch of vehicles Bob!

No wonder these take so long to complete! I should try and tackle a small one someday!

Thanks Warren!

No doubt it takes time, a lot of time, sometimes so much time it's embarrassing! But, I keep on pluggin' along!

Bob

Wow! :notworthy
15 years of imagination. It MUST be fun even after all this time.
:ro:

You know, one thing I'm not and that's a quitter! I always finish what I start! Has there been points where I felt tired of it? Yes! but, what I do to break the monotony is jump around from this to that. I just finished a tank crew for a specific Sherman. I intended to then focus on detailing out the Sherman and adding the figures. Well, I'm still going to do that, but simultaneously during the time I am working on the locomotive and tender. At times when I need to let paint dry or whatever, I'll just move over to the other one and finish them both off! By then, I should be able to stick with figures for awhile!

Every time i have had a long layoff of modeling, I am always ready to get back at it. But, 435 figures and 56 vehicles is a lot for a single diorama. I can't let myself get burnt out, so I play mind tricks with myself to keep going! Of course, you gotta be a little nuts to do something like this in the first place! To answer your question, yes, it is still fun!!!

:yipee

Bob

I KNEW IT!
Creative genius is oft colored by being a wee bit Touched in the Head. Some of us have a greater share of The Affliction than others.

435 (Model) soldiers in one space? Imagine what they all would talk to one another about. What fun would it be to listen to General Patton bellowing at his drivers? Omar Bradley, to one side with his face in his hands?
I confess to having "The Affliction" by a greater share than, perhaps, a few of my M/A Brethren.

I did fly the ReHab 1/72 F-8E/Q Crusader outside to see what the Camo looked like against the actual sky!
I didn't fly Her very far! :tomato

4-0 Bob! Keep having fun!

I KNEW IT!
Creative genius is oft colored by being a wee bit Touched in the Head. Some of us have a greater share of The Affliction than others.

435 (Model) soldiers in one space? Imagine what they all would talk to one another about. What fun would it be to listen to General Patton bellowing at his drivers? Omar Bradley, to one side with his face in his hands?
I confess to having "The Affliction" by a greater share than, perhaps, a few of my M/A Brethren.

I did fly the ReHab 1/72 F-8E/Q Crusader outside to see what the Camo looked like against the actual sky!
I didn't fly Her very far! :tomato

4-0 Bob! Keep having fun!

Thanks Rhino,

That's the plan! :yipee

Bob

You know, one thing I'm not and that's a quitter! I always finish what I start! Has there been points where I felt tired of it? Yes! but, what I do to break the monotony is jump around from this to that. I just finished a tank crew for a specific Sherman. I intended to then focus on detailing out the Sherman and adding the figures. Well, I'm still going to do that, but simultaneously during the time I am working on the locomotive and tender. At times when I need to let paint dry or whatever, I'll just move over to the other one and finish them both off! By then, I should be able to stick with figures for awhile!

Every time i have had a long layoff of modeling, I am always ready to get back at it. .... Of course, you gotta be a little nuts to do something like this in the first place! To answer your question, yes, it is still fun!!!

Bob

Wow, you just described my usual process for completing so many models at one time. This is how I do it myself, only I switch from Armor to Aircraft to Ships and back again; with an occasional smattering of Space, Sci-fi and Automotive models in between. You have expressed this more eloquently than I have in the past.

It's nice to know I'm afflicted with the same condition as one of the greatest in the hobby!

Every time i have had a long layoff of modeling, I am always ready to get back at it. .... Of course, you gotta be a little nuts to do something like this in the first place! To answer your question, yes, it is still fun!!!

Bob

Wow, you just described my usual process for completing so many models at one time. This is how I do it myself, only I switch from Armor to Aircraft to Ships and back again; with an occasional smattering of Space, Sci-fi and Automotive models in between. You have expressed this more eloquently than I have in the past.

It's nice to know I'm afflicted with the same condition as one of the greatest in the hobby!

Thanks Duke!

One of the greatest? Well, I sure wouldn't go that far, but thanks anyway!

Actually, I do pretty much everything as well. It is just that this diorama is so big, it keeps me busy all by itself. If you check out my forum, you'll see i do everything like you do! Aircraft, armor, figures, ships cars, sci-fi and dioramas!

Bob

I'm doing this Dodge 1 and 1/2 ton truck next. It will have ambulance markings on it and medics driving. It will be full of wounded German P.O.W.s being taken to the rear. One M.P. will be in the back guarding the prisoners.

g~12.JPG

It's hard to believe after all these years, but three of the five threads of the Logistics diorama are finally winding down to completion. I still have the K-5E Railo gun to weather and detail, that will wrap up the Rolling Stock thread. Then I have four more Shermans to weather and detail and that will close out the armor. Pictured here.

9~0.JPG

Also seen in the above photo are the four Deuce and a halves. I have decided I planned more of them than I need, so, I'll only use one or two of them. When the six trailers are attached to the trucks in the column, the other two will be used some other time on another diorama!

99~0.JPG

Then this thread will be completed.

Thanks for stopping by!

Bob

Thanks agin you Guys!

I almost can't believe I am finally beginning to see the closing of some of these logistics threads.

Hell, I might even be able to finish this! :geek :yipee

Bob

Back