• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated January 30, 2018

Amazing as usual Bob! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
And again I was taken in a Time Travel in your website. The pics from the museum and history of VLS are great read, thank you.
I had spoke about you to a friend who is begining in this world of scale model, but was me who take a trip.

Cheers :drinks

Thank you Sir!

I am looking into the possibility of publishing a very thick, perfect bound book about an Inch (25mm) thick, on the material in that post, plus much more I didn't use. A printer used it to print a limited run of less than a dozen copies for himself and friends. (It is on my website as well). He sent me and my daughter Gail a copy. It was printed on thick, high gloss heavy paper in full color and I was impressed. Very likely, I have nearly twice the photos and material I included in that thread. I was surprised at how much the cost of printing has increased since I retired in 2006. WOW!!!!

I have several ideas about formatting it, including current builds of the models and figures of Logistics and include the finished photos of the diorama. (Of course, I have to finish it, don't I? :yipee

Bob

That will be fantastic!!!
Like a book lover, I'll appreciate such work. But A finish 15 plus year work, will become a "book-of-art"
I'll keep watching.

Cheers friend!

Oh Yeah!

heecebc6_2018-01-31.jpg

Thyanks Terry,

Who's that old guy? Me or you? :yipee

Bob

Yes!

Cigar and good stiff drink....Oh yeah!

Simply stunning, masterpieces of art! I bow in the presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

One thing of note: The WC-54 ambulance is not supposed to have a seam on the roof top. I have watched M*A*S*H numperous times and on a few episodes, they show an overturned WC-54 ambulance. The roof can clearly be seen.

Still, if you never fix it, it ain't gonna matter. Anyone who sees something as small and insignificant as that when looking at the whole beautiful panorama is NOT taking in the sheer wonder and majesty of the whole entire display! Even seeing all the vehicles in one shot is exciting and stirring. I wish I'd had a play set like that!

Once again, I'm not even worthy to be posting in this thread! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Wow - nice work Bob! Very inspirational. I'm kind of jealous, wish I had the free time to build like that, but hey retirement will be here eventually! LOL

Mike

Simply stunning, masterpieces of art! I bow in the presence of greatness! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

One thing of note: The WC-54 ambulance is not supposed to have a seam on the roof top. I have watched M*A*S*H numperous times and on a few episodes, they show an overturned WC-54 ambulance. The roof can clearly be seen.

Still, if you never fix it, it ain't gonna matter. Anyone who sees something as small and insignificant as that when looking at the whole beautiful panorama is NOT taking in the sheer wonder and majesty of the whole entire display! Even seeing all the vehicles in one shot is exciting and stirring. I wish I'd had a play set like that!

Once again, I'm not even worthy to be posting in this thread! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks for the kind words Duke!

You're 100% right about the ambulance! I built that 10 years ago, (See the very first post on this thread), and, at the time, was in a big hurry. Instead of doing my research, I found an ambulance that had been done well in the Internet by a really good modeler. It had the seam!

The moral to the story is do your research. However, this diorama being so large and complex, not to mention having a lazy side, and since nobody mentioned it, I let it go. In this latest post, I used photos of it because I had finally added the driver and finished it.

So..... I'm going to correct that as i should have in the first place!

Thanks also for keeping me honest Duke! Building 55 vehicles for this diorama, sometimes, I try to squeak one through! If you caught it, no doubt somebody else would down the road after the diorama is complete and waaaaay more difficult to fix!

Bob

Wow - nice work Bob! Very inspirational. I'm kind of jealous, wish I had the free time to build like that, but hey retirement will be here eventually! LOL

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Don't wish for retirement too hard. I'd trade not working for a little youth any day of the week! On top of that, you don't have nearly the time to yourself that you imagine you will. We've been retired now for 12 years and we are always wondering how we ever had time to work!

You know that old saying, "Life's a b***h, and then you die"! :yipee

I'm still hanging in there, but the clock is ticking!

Bob

So looking forward to that book (y) :D :drinks

Laurence

Thanks Laurence,

If I decide to do the book and it is feasible, after looking further into it, I would have to do it in three volumes. The first and second volumes could be published as soon as they were ready. They would contain everything in the Museum thread, but adding roughly double the photos and commentary as well as much higher quality images throughout. Then, that material would be divided into three parts, one for each volume. Then all the material and photos i have for the building of Logistics would be compiled, again, adding much more material and step by step commentary, again divided into three parts, and tacked on to the end of the other three parts. The last volume would contain the completion of Logistics. Also, I have several dioramas never published in print.

Is it a pipe dream? Maybe, but I am giving it some serious thought. I have everything that is needed, I have published more than a hundred books over the years, I have the know how, although it needs to be brought up to today's technology, my last book was published in 2007 under the Letterman Publishing logo. I know all the distribution channels both here and around the world. I believe it would have appeal to modelers, of course, you never know for certain until it is out there. Then, of course, I have to finish Logistics. I'm still giving that some thought as well. A lot to consider, we'll see.

Bob

Well, I'm hoping to get a copy of that book too. And you're welcome for that tip on the ambulance. It feels good to know I was able to help a Master like you in some small way.

Well, I'm hoping to get a copy of that book too. And you're welcome for that tip on the ambulance. It feels good to know I was able to help a Master like you in some small way.

You know Duke,

I have never been sure who or what a "master" really is. I've been fortunate to have won some trophies, albeit many years ago, and had some publicity within the model community. I do know that I still learn every day and this website routinely teaches me things. I learn from the "masters" of course, but I also learn from the beginners as well. I have been building models now for nearly 73 years, ( Since 1945), and if I know anything, it is that i've only scraped the surface of what is possible.

I also know that when you stop learning, you will stop improving. I hope i never stop improving in this hobby I love so much! Once again, thanks for the help! Nobody ever becomes such a "master" they can no longer learn, and don't let anybody tell you differently!!

Bob

OK, A short post:

Got the seam on the ambulance fixed. Plus, I put a figure on one of the motorcycles. He will be talking on the walkie-talkie to a group of Airborne G.I.s in an alley, immediately after a firefight with some German troops. They are requesting help to bring in the wounded and captured. The sergeant on the motorcycle is directing American troops towards the alley.

0000~11.JPG

000~13.JPG

Then the motorcycle sergeant.

ggg~6.JPG

Bob

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Update February 21, 2018

Bob, brilliant work on the ambulance and the motorcycle rider. This is becoming more and more amazing with each update. I wish I had the space to do a large diorama like this in 1/72 scale.

You would never know you had a seam on the truck. Wonderful correction :woohoo: You sure have a knack for scenes within scenes within scenes :notworthy
Looking very good.
Cheers
John

its all those little stories that make such a great diorama's :ro:

Bob, brilliant work on the ambulance and the motorcycle rider. This is becoming more and more amazing with each update. I wish I had the space to do a large diorama like this in 1/72 scale.

Thanks,

I appreciate the help!

Bob

Thanks MP!

You would never know you had a seam on the truck. Wonderful correction :woohoo: You sure have a knack for scenes within scenes within scenes :notworthy
Looking very good.
Cheers
John

Thanks John,

if you think about it, all those super dioramas are is a collection of related small dioramas and vignettes!

Bob

Back