• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Nov. 11th, 2017

Does anybody remember this? I think I base coated this back in 2010!

PattonPainted~0.jpg

It's been stored away with several others from back then that I still have to weather and detail.

This will more or less be a centerpiece of the Logistics diorama as it, along with many other staff cars, will be parked in the triangular square behind where Patton is on a large crate directing traffic. Generals and other high ranking officers will be questioning a captured German general and using a map and aides taking notes corresponding to the information received.

I have really done some research on this vehicle, from the actual 3/4 ton Dodge itself to mock ups created by museums and re-enactors. Here are a few photos.

Patton_s_Command_Car_Large_copy.jpg

Wc_57_Denny_Patton_1_low_res_205_copy.jpg

WC57Denny4_low_res_169_front_copy.jpg

WC_57_Leather_seats_low_res_copy.jpg

Left_Front_View_Patton_WC_57_CC_low_res_color1_copy.jpg

I used a lot of PE in this build, but no conversion or scratch building. I used the ARV kit of Patton's 3/4 ton Dodge itself. It saved me a lot of work!

This is the Eduard PE dash panel I used with stretched sprue knobs.

g~6.JPG

The dash Prior to touch ups and adding data plates.

gg~6.JPG

The model.

g000~2.JPG

g00000~0.JPG

0gggg.JPG

0ggggg.JPG

0g~2.JPG

0ggg~1.JPG

g00000~0.JPG

I gave it very subtle weathering as I will do with all the staff cars and vehicles. General's transportation didn't get a lot of wear and tear and were kept in tip top condition. I plan of finishing up all the staff vehicles before going back to figure painting. I have six more in progress.

Thanks for looking in.

Bob

So I'm not the only one with 2012 shelf queens!

That looks grand, Bob. Plenty of heat in the summer and A/C in the winter. :pp

That's cool! (y)

Is the plate on the back right? Looks like the stars are pointed down.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Dec. 19th, 2017

(y) (y)

Glad to see it for the first time Bob! It came out looking quite nice. I guess Patton didn't ride around in a stinking little Willys. eh? :D

So I'm not the only one with 2012 shelf queens!

Nope! I still have 17 of the total 54 vehicles that are base coated, but have yet to be weathered and detailed. At least I have no mopre to build for this diorama! For me, that;'s a good feeling! :good:

Bob

(y) (y)

Glad to see it for the first time Bob! It came out looking quite nice. I guess Patton didn't ride around in a stinking little Willys. eh? :D

Thanks Paul,

No, Patton had some very bizarre vehicles. The weirdest one was a Willys Jeep, it was so silly looking! He routinely used a WC-57, an M-20 scout car that was heavily modified, and, wait till you see his 1938 Cadillac Sixty Special I am converting from a die cast. I have seen the real one in his museum at Fort Knox. It was also the one he was in when the accident occurred that eventually lead to his death. It's quite the staff car!

Bob

(y) (y)

Thanks Paul,

No, Patton had some very bizarre vehicles. The weirdest one was a Willys Jeep, it was so silly looking! He routinely used a WC-57, an M-20 scout car that was heavily modified, and, wait till you see his 1938 Cadillac Sixty Special I am converting from a die cast. I have seen the real one in his museum at Fort Knox. It was also the one he was in when the accident occurred that eventually lead to his death. It's quite the staff car!

Bob

Didn't he also use a halftrack in North Africa?

:)

(y) (y)

Thanks Paul,

Bob

Didn't he also use a halftrack in North Africa?

:)

I'm not sure about that Terry,

I know the movie portrayed him in one, but, I have yet to see photographic evidence of that. Not saying he didn't, just that I have never seen any evidence of it. There were so many errors in that movie, the Patton family sued to keep it from opening. He was portrayed as not very bright in the movie. He was very sophisticated, could recite not only poetry but Shakespeare and had a vast knowledge of history. He spoke several languages. In the movie, he came across as crude. He could be that, but it was mostly an act. He practiced his "war face" routinely and cursed purposely to project an image.

I loved the movie and still do, but, accuracy wasn't it's strong point.

Bob

Terry,

My apologies, Dave came up with a photo of Patton's M-3 half track. That's what I like about this website, you learn something new every day!

Bob

I found it doing a quick web search. It is on someone's flickr account and can be found here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9956525@N05/page7

This guy has a lot of war photos mainly from WWI on his account.

Back