• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Interactive figure painting by Bob and Laura!

Hey Dave! You're getting further behind!

alpine025_20100207_1425495773.jpg

alpine026_20100207_1340857760.jpg

Laura I'm really seeing the the effects. They don't show up as well in these pictures, might need to overstate the effects some, much like when weathering. But this is really turning out, I can see the depth here.

Come on Dave, plenty of time to catch up.

well i went to craft store to get some windsor artist oils and thought i was gonna have a heart attack! they are pricey :eek:hmy: but since i am falling behind im gonna get the cheapy stuff for now and i will catch up in 2-3 days
:woohoo:

you see? it takes some time but in the end the effects will come out!

looking good bob! :)

but where are the eyeballs? you forgot the eyeballs! have a look at my last update and read how to paint them! i wish you good luck as this will be tempting to the nerves!

ok now ... IIRC we still don't have the second highlights on the coverall! correct?

next time i would like ( = want ) to see the second highlights on the coverall and the eyeballs! :)

before blending:

secondhighlights1_20100208_1751592208.jpg

after blending:

secondhighlights2_20100208_1460688532.jpg

Don't know why I missed the part about the eye balls. Will do. I did apply some highlights to the coveralls, I'll take another shot to show it.

Dave that paint will last you a long long time, it will come in handy for filters on your models also.

Well I just had the ultimate complement. While checking updates this morning I had one of my head shots on the screen. My Bride told me "well that's a talented person." "Who"? I asked because sometimes I don't know where she's coming from on stuff.

She pointed at the head shot, "Who ever painted that, they are talented"...:mpup She gota big ol' bear hug for that one. :mpup

well the finance advisor said i could buy the oils ;) i now have all the necessary winsor newton colors :woohoo: i have primed and painted the 1/20th figure head in vellejo black
and i will post pics on tuesday

ok i now have the 1/35 figure heads primed and will paint the base tomorrow as far as the 1/20th figure my base is on now :)

2010-02-10232900.jpg

2010-02-10232949.jpg

ok tomorrow i will put on flesh basecoats :woohoo:

Andy if i understand you correctly i am using tamiya grey aerosol primer then vallejo sand,or black B)

Hi Dave, Yes thats what I meant, they look really good primed
Did you do anything special with the spraycan apart from a good shaking,like warm it up etc etc

Ive got a new Pegaso figure that I want to prime but I dont want to lose any of the great detail

A

I got Eyeballs, whatcha got Dave?

alpine027_20100215_1975606508.jpg

alpine028_20100215_2079173203.jpg

Look a little zombie like.

Laura I know you told me to go ahead with the overcoats, I have no yet but will soon. May have time tomorrow.

i have been spending a little time with the lady so i have fallen behind in my homework :)
it was worth it cause i got both Waldron punch sets for valentines day ;) can i join the bolt and rivet :woohoo: club now?? ok here is the painted heads i left the one unpainted because i did not care for the color.. i will get the oils going tomorrow

2010-02-15231500.jpg

2010-02-15231353.jpg

yes Andy i put the can in hot water for about 5 mins ,it always works good like that

well i guess i better get going and stop skipping class the figs look good pup! :)

Great stuff Dave, both for the can advice and for the faces, a good choice of colour and you going to oil it up like Pups and Laura or use acrylics?

not bad bob! eyeballs can be really nasty to paint!

the ones on the head with the helmet look good, the ones on the second head became a little bit big but you can correct that with a fine line of raw umber or any else dark brown, just paint that fine line at the lower corner of the eyeball, then prepare yourself mentally for the iris!

we won't go for blue, brown or green - that would be too much in this scale but it still will be difficult enough though! that'll be the point with the danger to end up with a leering figure!

dave - just follow the steps documented, if you face problems then ask and i will try to help!

thank you very much and i am a little nervous going in to the oil part :unsure:

Back