• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Mosca the blue tailed fly.

Just as a friendly reminder of something I posted sometimes back ....

I-16_lower_paint_001a.jpg

After a few hours of curing, the mask came of the bird. Found this obstinate little piece of tape and something else. Surely was not coming off.

I-16_lower_paint_002a.jpg

Anyhow, a bit of cleaner, a soft brush and a few strokes latter and it's like new again . Overspray would have been the same.

Coat of future is curing :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

What was that, tape residue?

What did you use for the cleaner?

Glade it came out looking good.

Nor real sure what happened . It sort of looked like he tape glue reacted with something and stuck to the paint. It was hard . Took it off with a few brush strokes.

I have cleaned off overspray that had dryed for day without affecting the paint . Be aware I use Future between paint coat though.

simple_green_001a.jpg

Don't mistake it for mean green. Definitely not the same.

Cheers, Christian

Another step done . Not much to it.

Extremely nice decals. It would have been a fun job to do a large decal project with these .

As it was, there was not much to it.

I-16_decals_001a.jpg

Another coat of Future tonight . Off to work in the yard... :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Ian, Luiz and Mike for staying with me on this.

This morning the fly has received a few paint chips and a flat coat . Nothing too exciting

I-16_Flat_coat_001a.jpg

Hopefully, I will find the time for more assembly work latter .

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Dave Bob and John fro staying with this.

I have been so busy since before the contest that I have had no time for building, so what little I have done is all you get today.

Knowing full well that the kit exhaust were not pretty, I purchased this AM to improve it.

Much to my surprize it might fitan Eduard I-16 kit but certainly not this one.

So, after much cutting and finagling, I got them installed although there was an extra pipe and no hole, so after more research I decided it came out with another through on the bottom.

Exhaust.jpg

Wish I had remembered to take a picture of all that quite a mess .

I-16_engine_002a.jpg

The pieces to the shutters had to be thin in order for them to fit in the cowl correctly and the cowl ring had to be forced unto the cowl since it is somewhat egg shape.

I-16_engine_001a.jpg

Finally installed the steel band around the cowl and chipped a few maintenance areas of paint.

It will be Wednesday before I get anymore time to model.

Cheers, Christian B)

So very close to finishing. Excellent 'tinkering' to get the nose together, Christian.

Ian.

This what happens when I go away for work, I loose track of a bunch of builds!

The paint and the exhausts look awesome Christian. That blue tail really stands out too!

This what happens when I go away for work, I loose track of a bunch of builds!

The paint and the exhausts look awesome Christian. That blue tail really stands out too!

I know , bit of a quandary isn't it ? Gonna try to get back to it as soon as I can get the Skua buttoned up .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys for keeping up with this build . Going to finish it as soon as I can get the Skua buttoned up .

Been under the weather the last few days . :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Dave...It's been quite the pit falls since early this summer.

I have had to handle some serious house repairs and still trying to get two done.

Throw in some Holydays and a couple of health issue and here we are.

Anyhow, here's the latest on the Moska . Still a way from finish but sort of resembles a bird

Moska_004a.jpg

There have been quite a few refinements but it needs more. Hop to be done soon.

Hope you like it Cheers, Christian

Back